Got No Time To Knock

"What room are you staying in?"

"315"

It was a quiet walk and elevator ride to Veronica's room. Veronica was a little embarrassed. Having convinced herself that she was wrong. And Jason, now calling himself Bud to mainly to steer clear of the police, didn't want to accidentally say anything that would alarm Veronica. He never thought he would see her again. It wasn't as if he'd planned and scripted what to do if he ever did.

Once they had come to hotel room 315, Veronica fished her key out of her pocket and handed it to "Bud". He unlocked the door and walked her inside. Veronica stumbled over to the bed and just fell down. "I'm sorry I made you bring me up here." She mumbled, shifting herself into a sitting up, criss cross position. Jason shrugged his shoulders. "It was really fine. Sorry I reminded you of someone else? Who's Jason?"

"Just my ex boyfriend from highschool. He kinda died. Back in the 80s. It's just you look so much like him." She scrunched up, making herself small. She didn't like thinking about it. "Oh shit. I'm sorry. What'd you say your name was? I didn't catch it."

"Veronica. Thanks for bring me back, Bud. You don’t have to stay. I know it's weird having to listen to some random stranger go on about her shit life."

"No, it's cool. Gotta make sure you don't pummel anyone else that looks like your dead ex boyfriend." It was meant to be a joke but the second it actually came out of his mouth he realized what a shitty thing it was. "God, sorry, that sounded funnier in my head." He sighed and sat down next to her on the bed. Veronica fell with her head leaning on his arm. "Wanna talk about him? Maybe get some stuff of your chest?" She nodded her head, moving closer. He felt so comforting. And she knew it was weird but she knew she needed some kind of support.

"Yeah, if it's okay with you."

"Of course, Veronica."