Carry Me Through No Man's Land

The two sat there for hours, talking about JD and what Veronica's doing now. To be honest, he was proud of her. He was happy that she'd moved on and become something. Jason had ended up writing his room number and a little note on the notepad on the side table in Veronica's room and leaving her to sleep.

He walked back to his own room where he'd been staying for the past week. Jason had been traveling and running for years. From cops, people who thought he looked like the kid from Ohio that bombed himself and left his girlfriend to clean up the mess. The one thing he liked about his new life was that he hadn't seen his dad in years. Their relationship was always strained. And now he had a free out of jail card.

He walked into his room, sitting down on the bed and turning the TV on. Watching Happy Days reruns. Thinking about tonight instead of paying attention to the show. His cover was almost blown. If he came out now he'd go to jail for the rest of his life. But for some reason, he wanted to stay and talk to Veronica again.

He wanted her to find him and figure him out and maybe forgive him for everything he put her through. He started imagining fake scenarios in his head of what might happen if she found out who he was. Some bad, most good. Because it was his daydream and what happened was all his say.

It was hard to not think about her over the past decade. Hell, everything that's happened thus far was caused by what they did in '89. All of his poor life choices. Leading to this moment. Dare he say he thought it was destiny. Destiny. Nah, that was stupid. This was all dumb luck and coincidence. Sweet sweet coincidence.

Jason had eventually had enough of his little love sick pity party and changed into his pajamas. And by that I mean he stripped other than his boxers and and went to bed. He was a grown man, he didn't need pants.