It's 'Cause You're Beautiful

Jason, or "Bud", had woken up the next morning to some early sitcom rerun on the TV he forgot to turn off last night. He turned to tv off and wandered into the bathroom, taking a shower, cleaning himself from everything last night. He didn't really do much to his hair other than towel dry it. Which still didn't leave it completely dry. He missed when he was little and his mom would blow dry his hair for him and it would be so fluffy and warm. But he wasn't little and his mom wasn't here. So he did what he could with the towel in his hotel room and continued getting dressed.

As he'd been putting his shirt on he heard a knock at the door. He slipped the band tshirt over his torso and ran over to the door. Opening it without looking through the peep hole. He knew exactly who it was.

He opened the door to see Veronica. She looked tired. Her hair up in a low ponytail, wearing a loose blue tshirt too big for her and khaki cargo shorts and holding the piece of paper. "Hi." He said bluntly. He just kinda stared down at her. He'd never seen her in the morning all tired and cute like this. She looked like she could use a hug and an explanation. God fuckin knows how he wanted to give her that explanation and that hug. But sadly, he couldn't. He couldn't risk her not forgiving him and calling the police.

Life wasn't one of his silly little day dreams, as much as he would like it to be. "Morning, Bud. I'm guessing you wanted to see me." She responded, a confused and eager look on her face.

"What makes you think that?"

"Well we just met last night, you sat there listening to me blab for 3 hours and still instead of just leaving and hoping to not run into me again you left your room number. I'm not an idiot."

"Oh."

"Yeah. Well I'm glad I didn't scare you off." She smiled up at him. "Uh, come on in. Wanna maybe get breakfast later? I don't know how much longer the hotel is gonna be serving." He asked, closing the door behind her as she walked into his room. "I'd like that."