Chapter Twenty-Two

{Vote, comment, blah blah blaaaaah :3}

Picture: Darren Hart

        West's POV:

        This can't be real. Xzavier Resse cannot be on Kayden's doorstep, smiling sheepishly at us. But... There he is, waving slightly with a slight blush. "Xzavier?" Darren asks, just as astonished as I am. Kayden also wears a confused face, no doubt wondering why Xzavier is here, at his house.

        "Uh, hi," Xzavier says, almost shyly. "May I come in?" We all look to Kayden, who snaps out of his haze. He quickly nods and ushers Xzavier in, telling us he's going to go get some drinks and snacks.

        My ex takes a seat on the couch, Darren and I sitting across from him. No one says anything for a while, we all just stare at each other in shock, until Xzavier smiles again. "You have a child?" My eyebrows furrow, but I realize that Darren is still holding Clara.

        "Oh, no," I laugh. "No, this is Kayden and Sam's daughter, Clara. I mean, we just got a cat but no, o kids yet." Xzavier nods and quickly scans his eyes over my boyfriend, who gives him a dirty look. I discreetly nudge Darren, telling him with my eyes to behave.

        The curly haired Brit clears his throat and averts his eyes to the floor. "I'm guessing you're wondering why I'm here, huh?" Darren and I nod slowly, so Xzavier continues. "Well, last time I saw you guys was the day I told you I was leaving, but I never apologized for all the shit I put you through. West, I'm sorry I tried to take advantage of you. I should have never done it, but I did and I'm sorry. Darren, I'm sorry that I kept taking West from you and making fun of you. I just... I knew you liked West and because I actually developed feelings for West, I just wanted him back. It didn't work but..."

        He sighs again and meets our eyes steadily. "I'm so sorry, but I can understand if you won't forgive me."

        "Hell no we won't," Darren spits and stands handing Clara to me. "What you did was fucked up and now you're back? What, you're trying to steal West again?"

        "No," Xzavier says quickly and stands as well. "No. I actually moved on. I met a guy at my university and we decided to take a trip here for a week because, you know, I spent a lot of time here. We plan on going to England as well, but I wanted to make amends before. I went to your fathers house first, West, and he told me I'd find him at your new house or Kayden's. You weren't at your house, so I came here. I get that you can't forgive me, but I just wanted to get that off my chest. It was nice seeing you, again."

        When Xzavier starts to walk away, but I grab his arm. When he gives me a questioning look, I ask, "Are you truly sorry?" I ignore the dirty look Darren gives me and let go of Xzavier when he nods. "Then I think you deserve a second chance. I mean, we will never be extremely close, but we can try. Maybe we can go on a double date!"

        Darren's face turns bright red and I'm afraid he's about to explode. His mouth opens but before he can say anything, Kayden comes out, telling everyone that the snacks are ready and for Darren to help him.

        Rainbow Brite to the rescue!

        When we're alone, I turn to Xzavier and smile. "So, you found someone, huh?" My ex's eyes start to twinkle and a look of love morphs his features.

        "Yeah, his name is Cameron and wow, he's so perfect West," Xzavier smiles from ear to ear and pulls out his phone, showing pictures of him and a very handsome guy. "He's so sweet and caring and... He's just so perfect West. I... I didn't realize he was so perfect when I first met him because I was still in love with you, but when Cam told me his feelings for me, I let go of my love for you and started loving Cameron. He's everything I could ask for and then some."