Problems

_'Clay's POV'_

"Oh, hey Darryl."

I looked up from the beautiful flower I was looking at, only to be met by guilt.

Darryl was standing there, a smile on his face. There was a rustle, and soon after, Zak came out.

"Darryl, will you stop running of? I know you want to hang out with George, but quit sprinting of to the 'J Hall' when someone is watching us. You looked like a complete mad man just by doing that."

"Sorry Zak. I was just excited to see George again! Its been weeks!"

I looked at George, who was giggling. He looked cute, such a fragile figure yet so confident. He was short but he can fight the biggest and strongest person in our school.

I smiled, absent mindedly. He was so beautiful. If I wasn't attracted to the boy of my dreams, I would love to be George's boyfriend, but I'm not sure if he is even gay.

"You guys are idiots. A smart idiot, and a headstrong idiot. You guys even out each other!"

I snapped out of my thoughts, I looked at Zak and Darryl, who were both red as tomatoes.

Nick tapped my shoulder and gave me the look that said 'this feels weird'. I nodded. It was weird, Zak and Darryl were once a part of the popular group. But because they came out as gay, they were exiled from it.

From then on, me and Nick never got the chance to hang out with them. And yet, seeing George talk to them makes it feel like they were never kicked out.

Zak was listening to George and Darryl exchange news about the time they didn't hang out. When he saw ma and Nick looking at them, guilt obvious in our eyes.

"Hey Clay, Nick. Its been awhile huh?"

Zak spoke, which put me and Nick, out of our trance. I looked up to see George, Darryl and Zak staring at us.

"Hey Zak... Darryl... ye its been awhile. Erm, how have you guys been?"

This time, Darryl spoke up.

"Well, ever since we got 'exiled' we've never been more happy, actually. I mean, your friends are, uhm, nice? But they were always so...rowdy."

After a few minutes of catching up, Nick, Darryl and Zak went to hang out. I checked my watch, 9:56AM, a few more minutes until class starts.

I looked at George, he was reading his book again. I laid down on the soft grass and stared at the flowers above me. I let out an annoyed sigh.

"Trouble in paradise?"

I looked over to George, he was done reading his book and was now putting it in his bag.

"Yeah. There is problem in paradise."

I answered him. He finished stuffing his book in his bag then payed his full attention to me.

"Go ahead. We still have a few minutes till class starts, why not let it out? I'm all ears."

I looked at him, awe written all over my face. Nobody ever listens to my problems. This, in all honesty, is absolutely new to me.

I've never told anyone my problems, nor do they care to listen.

"Oh, uhm, well. Sorry, I'm not used to people caring about my problems. I mean, Nick is always there when I need him... but, with all the things he has to do, I never really told him any of my problems. This is all so new to me."

I explained, starting to get a little teary eyed.

George, looked at me sympathetically.

"Hey, don't cry. If you you need someone to talk to, I'm always here to listen. Bottling up your problems isn't healthy."

He told me calmly. I looked at him, and I began to cry. He rushed to my side and gave he a hug. I buried my head in his chest, as he started rubbing circles on to my back. He tapped my back, in a rhythmic way.

I immediately calmed down. George then started to pull away from the hug, so my grip on him only hardened.

"Clay? What are you doing?"

"Can we stay like this for a few minutes?"

I looked up at him, his face had shock, written all over it. But soon, melted into a soft smile.

"Alright, but we are going to class 10 minutes early alright?"

I nodded, burying my face in his chest again. He giggled and started to play with my hair. Everything he did helped me calm down.

"If you want, after class, we can come back here and just talk. Ill listen to your problems, and Ill even help you solve some of them."

He told me in the softest voice I've heard in years.

"Ye, Id like that. And George?"

"Hm?"

"Thank you. I'm so glad I spoke to you the other day."

He chuckled cutely.

"Ye, I'm glad to."