Wishes

_'Hope's POV'_

When Clay was fully covered by the smoke, I repeated the memory and looked at the two kids fondly.

I smile started tugging on my lips, but something out of the corner of my eye caught my attention. I turned around and saw a little girl creeping up on the two children sitting under the tree.

My heart swelled up and tears pricked my eyes.

There I am...

I smiled ever so softly as the child version of me started to move forward silently, not wanting to get noticed by the two boys sitting under the tree.

I remember that day like it was yesterday...

How everything changed when I made the decision to sneak up on them...

A few years ago, I don't remember the exact date. I was a child, and I got lost in the woods.

I wondered around, trying to find my way back to my parents. But I stopped when I saw something...

On a cliff, under a cherry blossom tree, two kids sat, arms around each other.

I didn't know them, but I slowly approached them. I didn't want to disturb them, so I creeped up on them, trying not to get caught.

They were talking about making a promise. I wanted to hear more, but someone, or rather, something took me away.

I was to shocked to scream, I didn't struggle to get loose. I just stayed there. In the arms of someone I have never met.

The person was running really fast that everything went by as a blur. And then, after a few minutes of being airborne, I felt myself get thrown.

It took me a few minutes to realize, but once I did, I screamed for my life.

I got in touch with water, but the impact was so great, I fainted. And the last thing I saw, before everything went black, was a ball of light swooping down and stopping in front of my face.

I woke up in an unfamiliar location. I looked around and I saw a small lion cub. I screamed my lungs out, only to shushed by a figure sitting beside me.

"Shh, calm down sweetie! Lyra wont eat you, don't worry. How are you feeling sweetie?"

I looked at the figure. It was a woman, she had piercing purple eyes, wavy brown locks, and a tall, slim appearance.

I noticed that one of her eye was covered by her hair. Then I saw a single purple strip of hair.

"Wh-who are- who are you? Where... where am I?"

I asked, looking around, for the first time since I got here, worry started to fill me up.

I was waving my hands around when I felt something furry brush against it. I looked at the source and saw the lion cub from earlier. Its eyes were huge, in a pleading look. Its face had red markings under its eyes, and some traveling downs its body.

I wanted to scream but was cut of by the lion rubbing its head on my hand gently. I looked at it with wide eyes, and cautiously, started to pet it. It purred under my touch and the feeling of worry and distraught left my body. Instead was replaced by a warm feeling. A feeling I never felt with my family.

Ever since my younger sister was born, I have always been second best. And so, I always felt left out. Always being shoved into the shadow of my sister. And now, petting this cub comforted me.

I felt so at ease...
I felt wanted...
I felt appreciated...
And for the first time in my life...
I finally felt like I belonged...

The lion then roared quietly, and I felt the woman sitting beside me stand up. She smiled warmly at me, and silently exited the room.