Chapter 9

The long awaited day finally here- the engagement party. For the past weeks, I had to undergo multiple training started from dancing, social skills and others. It was really dreadful for me. The dancing lessons took up almost 6 hours everyday. I was a terrible dancer in my past life so do I in this life. I need a lot of practice for the dancing as mother didn't want me to embarrassed myself on this day. But luckily, my dancing improved and I really wished no mistake will happen during the dance with the prince.

Adorning a new white gown which was a gift from the Queen, I looked at the mirror in front of me. I had visited the palace during my practices because the Queen insisted on making the tailored-gown for me.

The gown was a long off shoulder bodycon cuffed sleeves . The colour unexpectedly looks good as white was a colour I didn't have confident wore it. I was afraid it will looked terrible on me but it exceeded my expectation. Clarissa styled my hair with silver crystal headband and left my hair flowing freely and completed my outfit with a pair of hazel heels. 

Once I finished dress up, a knight escorted me to a waiting room which my family already waited for me there. The engagement party was held in the palace so we were asked by the King and Queen to spend the night there for our convenience which my father didn't reject their kind offer. 

I reached at the room and entered. As soon as I entered the room, five heads turned to me and they just stopped doing anything they did at the moment. I was puzzled and started to get uncomfortable at their silence.

          "I don't look good? Too weird?" I cautiously asked them. The gown was never revealed before even to my mother. The Queen wanted to make a surprise for them thus they didn't know anything about it. I shuffled anxiously at the hem of my gown.

They immediately shook their heads and my mother walked to me. Emmy and Livia also surrounded me as well. 

           "Nonsense! You look stunning that we got speechless on it. I'm very  happy that I got to see my daughter so beautiful on her engagement day." My mother held my hands dearly and patted it while looking at me teary. She got emotional mentioning my engagement.

I smiled in return and my sisters hugged me. Laughters could be heard in the room and  I caught my father turning his head from me for a while but I just ignored it. Something better left unknown.

A palace butler came into the room and informed us it was the time for the party. We were escorted to a splendid ballroom. The ballroom decorated luxuriously with dazzling chandelier in the centre and the ceiling and walls had been carved aesthetically. 

Not too long after we arrived, the knights announced the arrival of the royal family.

          " His Majesty The King, Her Majesty The Queen and His Highness The Prince have arrived"

The voice was so loud that it echoing in the huge ballroom. Everyone in the ballroom bowed their heads while the three figures walked to the podium.

           "Rise" The King had only said that one word but his action and tone sound so majestic. Befitting the image of a king. 

           "I thanked everyone here for attending my son's engagement party. I don't want to drag any longer, let's the party begin." He raised his cup of wine high in the air and others followed him. 

Prince Noah walked towards me after the King's speech ended. He looked handsome with a black royal attire with a touch of gold and white tie and handkerchief. He stride confidently and reached in front of me in the blink of eye. Nervousness started to gnawed me but I bravely looked straight into his eyes. 

Under the blinking lights, the ocean eyes looked clearer until I could see my reflection on its. He bowed and extended a hand to me. I placed my hand on him and he escorted me to the centre of the ballroom. He placed a hand on my waist and I flinched at his touch. He felt my uneasiness and held my other hand tightly and guiding me slowly to the dance. 

My hand on his shoulder felt so rigid but he didn't say anything about it. The dance started slow for the start and now it getting faster. My head was full of thoughts until a whisper heard on my ear. 

            "Trust me." He looked at me from his side and I gulped at the close distance of our. "Don't think anything. Just follow my lead." I nodded visibly on his words and decided to trust him.

I started to came naturally to his arms. He spun me around as I was weightless for him. Step after step and circle after circle we moved flawlessly. As we continued to whirl around to music, I looked up at him. 

He looked so charming with blue eyes as clear as ocean, a tall nose, luscious red lips and sharp jawline. His black hair glistening under the light and looked soft as silk. He guided me dependably with his broad shoulders and well portioned built. 

As the music neared the end, he looked down at me. I was startled to meet his gaze and shyly kept my head down. It was so embarrassing for me to be caught staring by him. We ended our dance and deafening applauds resonated in the ballroom. 

I was surprised by it and turned around to see smiling faces everywhere in the place. I caught my family looked proudly and pleased at me. It was to us actually. 

The prince lead me off the centre and it was soon crowded with people dancing on it. We went around the ballroom with him introducing me as his fiancee. We conversed with the nobles but the prince did the most of it. I just stood beside him and did my job as his fiancee.

After about two hours endlessly conversing and listening, I get tired and the prince noticed my state. The King and Queen had long retired from the party and among my family the only ones remained was my parents. Surprisingly my siblings had left the venue earlier that I expected.

The prince grab my hand and walked towards to my parents. He informed my parents and escorted me back to my room. My parents just smiled at me and we left the ballroom after that. Together.