Chapter 10

My day went on the same pattern; college, lessons, home, and it repeated endlessly. The engagement party ended well and I was contented for that. The original event in the novel was a mess because Ava caused a scene during the party by insulting the heroin. But, this time no such thing happened. First, the engagement had been held two years earlier and second, the prince didn't meet the heroine yet.

Spoke about the prince, the engagement party was the last time since I met him and we had a little encounter for that. My mind flashing back the memories about it.

Flashback

The walk to my designated room filled silence. The prince walked two steps ahead of me and I trailed him from behind. My gaze from the ballroom until now fixated on our intertwined hands.

Isn't he hate close contact with women? Why he doesn't let my hand go? Should I tell him to let go of my hand?

As I keep fighting the urge to call out to him, suddenly we came to a stop. Because my focus was on elsewhere, I didn't noticed we had come to stop and bumped into him.

I staggered from the impact and felt an arm encircled my waist. To my horror, the prince was the one held me. Well, we were the only ones here, so it should be him not someone else. I quickly detached from him and took a step back. 

        "I'm sorry, your Highness."

I bowed my head down and didn't dare to meet his gaze. 

Please don't let him be angry. I can't afford his wrath now not when it's just the beginning of my survival plan. 

I was praying hard for him not to be mad at my action earlier.

           "Don't fret about that. Be at ease" He looked questioning at me and I noticed his brow slightly raised while his mouth curved in amusing smile.

           "You've done well at the party. I expect more from you in future" The prince spoke with calm and authoritative tone. I flinched at his words. His face has regained his usual composure and made he looked so emotionless. It looked like he was speaking to a subordinate rather than a person. 

           "Yes, your Highness. Thank you for tonight. Rest well, your Highness" I curtsied before him and bid him. The prince slightly nod and turned to left the place. I simply watched his back until he disappeared around the corner. After the prince left, I opened the door and retired for the night.

I woke up from the flashback when I heard someone called my name. 

       "Lady Ava!" I heard someone spoke my name from behind me and turned to face the person. To my surprise it was the president of student council, Lord Albert Mace. He is the heir of Marquess Selik Mace. 

        I faced him and nod. "How can I help you, my lord?" I asked him and stood three steps away in front of him. 

        "I come to inform you about the new arrangements in the special facility." Before he continued his speech, I beat him first by questioning him.

        "What do you mean?" I knitted my eyebrows. 

        "His Highness Prince Noah has ask us to arrange your room beside his and requested you to accompany him whenever you are in the lounge." He just dropped the information on me. Surely my mouth will be wide opened if there was not a single soul in front of me now.

He surely want to use me as much as possible.

It took me a minute to digest that and thanked the president after. He left after telling me that shocking news and I stayed rooted to the ground to think about how should I react. I was planned to stay away from the prince and made contact as little as possible since this year the heroin will be enrolled in the college.

My plan was ruined and I couldn't defy the prince's order. If I follow his order, I will meet the heroine often. I really despised that since it will lead to my death. But, if I disregard his order, I will be at his bad side. This too will lead to my death. 

What a headache. What should I do? Neither those two give me any advantage and I has no way out. As I contemplated over that, I just decided to just follow the prince. As much as I wanted to be away from him, I thought it was better to stick with him. 

*******

And my routine now had added one new thing which was accompanied the prince whenever we both at the lounge. At first I was scared but now I felt nothing as from the start the prince didn't utter any words to me. We just sat together without spoke to each other and I truly grateful for his silence.

At first people looked surprised at us but over the time it just become a normal occurrence for them. My status as the prince's fiancee also helped to justify the scene. It dawned to them as it was normal for us to be together because we both are engaged to each other now.

*******

I was wondered aimlessly around the college when I spotted a crowd around a classroom. Many student hovered outside it with male students dominated the crowd. My curiosity hit me and I headed there. 

When I reached, a line was formed for me to walk past. I inwardly satisfied as it save me energy to tell them to move away. Be a villainess does give me benefit. 

As soon as I reached the door and looked inside, an ethereal beauty came into my view. Long silky golden hair, two light blue eyes, pointed nose with small pink lips, fair skin and slim body. She looked so enthralling and I snapped from it. I looked around to see admiration faces all around me. 

Suddenly I remembered something. Something important. Silky golden hair, two light blue eyes, pointed nose with small pink lips, fair skin and slim body. It was the heroin, Willa Fluke! She looked exactly how the novel described her. 

I slowly walked away from the crowd and faced the green field. The heroin finally is here. I knew she will enrolled this year and prepared for that. But, once I saw her with my two eyes, I now knew why the prince fall hard for her. She is so beautiful even for a women's eyes. More so for men's eyes. No wonder a lot of people falls for her in the novel and everyone adored her. 

I sighed at that and looked for the last time towards the door before walked to the direction of private lounge. I needed tea to calm my nerves. I didn't know what the future holds for me but I will just push through it. But first I need my tea.