Chapter 14

Managing a dukedom was never an easy feat from the start. Everything I learned was so much different from the reality. You need to be firm, wise, has amazing foresight and patience in handling a territory. But for the sake of giving a better life for the people, it was worth the hardships.

In the next three months, I will finished the second year in the college. The prince will completed his study this year too and I will not be needed to accompany him anymore in the lounge. But I do felt a bit sad about it as the prince was the only one I always be with.

Friends? No one want to be friend with me here. Young ladies hated me as I am the prince's fiancee while the gentlemen... well, you don't need me to spell it out the reason was.

Sometimes I missed my previous friends, missed the times we spent together. We will be laughing endlessly, chatting about random things and eating together whenever we can. But in this world, I couldn't do that anymore.

The only ones for me are my family, Clarissa and both King and Queen. Pathetic right? But I'm happy now even with these people. They gave me reasons to keep alive and breathe every single day.

       "My Lady, will you want to take a break for a while? You've been working nonstop from the morning." Clarissa voice sounded from in front of me.

I am currently in the main library to study about management and maps of our territory. I started working on it from the morning and it had been past noon now. I didn't realised I had been working for that long.

        "Yes. Please bring me some refreshments."

        "But my Lady, lunch has not been touched by you yet. Please eat first. Refreshments are inadequate to take for lunch."

I stretched my neck and my hands. My whole body felt tired from sitting for hours. I glanced at Clarissa and shook my head.

        "No need. I will eat for dinner. I need to revise a bit more about this."

I smiled weakly at Clarissa and she just showed me a defeated face. She always reminded me to take my meals on time but I always ignored it. Sorry Clarissa. Before Clarissa could ever moved from her place, a boy voice could be heard resonating in the library. It was Easton.

        "I know I'll find you here sister. Let's go sister, eat lunch with me. Please."

Easton took a long strides from the entrance to my table. Within a few seconds he arrived at my side.

       "Why you didn't eat your lunch yet? It's already past noon now. Late meals are not good for your health." I frowned when he said that he didn't take his lunch yet. It was already late for a lunch now and it will do no good for his growth.

       "Same to you too sister. Skipping meals are not good for your health too. No matter how busy you are, you must eat."

I could only sighed at Easton's words. Skipping meals were not good for your body but it was more to my attitude. If I'm too engrossed at anything, I will forget to eat sometimes. I knew it was bad for me, but it hard to break a habit.

Easton slowly pulled my sleeves and urged me to come along with him. Reluctantly I rose from my chair and followed him to the dining room. To my surprised, my whole family was there. They waited for me to eat lunch together.

They noticed these past days I was not eating with them as usual thus they waited for me instead. I was originally not a type to be concern about eating together with my family but this family is different. They never left anyone out in every matter. It's heartwarming to see this. Ava or should I say, I am thankful to have a family like this. It is my fortune to have them.

Our lunch ended with mother reminded me to take care of myself well. She reminded me again and again that meals are not to be left untouched by me, or else I will be scolded more in future. The only thing I could do was nodding nonstop at my mother's words to put her at ease.

Starting tomorrow I will have a learning session every day with my father. Father will teach everything I need to learn and know. I always known father is a strict person in business and works and I guess I need to be prepared to see another side of my father.

*******

       "My child, father want to introduce you to someone. He's a promising businessman and brilliant young man. He is the son of my old friend."

Father spoke to me while putting down the documents on his hands. We were currently in his study room for the teaching session.

       "Sure father. When will the meeting be? I need to clear my schedule on that day."

Who is it?

       "The next two days. He will be here at our mansion and father want you to meet him on that day."

       "Ok father." I replied to father and made a reminder to myself to free my schedule on that day. I will informed Clarissa later.

Our teaching sessions were not stressful as I imagined. Father was a strict teacher but not to the extent that I became scared learning from him. In fact, I love learning from him. The experience learning something together with your family was not something I had experienced even in my past life and to my surprised I enjoyed it very much.

*******

       "My Lady, it's time for you to go the the Lord's study room."

I was tidying up my attire and checked myself out in the mirror when Clarissa came behind me and informed me. It was my first time meeting someone other than my family. On top of that, that person is an important partner of father. I couldn't help but to feel a little bit nervous and restless.

I composed myself and took a deep breath to calm down. Clarissa and I walked to my father's study room after that. Once we arrived, I smiled at Hans and he guided me into the room.

When I entered the room I could see a silhouette tall young man back facing me. From the back, I noticed that he had a muscular body with a wide shoulder.

Looks like he is an eye-catching young man.

Father noticed my presence and started to introduce me to his guest.

       "My Lord, let me introduce you my daughter. Ava Langston."

      "My child, this is the eldest son and the heir of House of Shaw, Lord Hart Ellington." The moment father said his name, I froze at my feet.

Hart Ellington was the second male lead and villain in the novel. He was the underground boss and competent businessman on the outside. He also ruthless man as he could killed people without batting his eyes. His obsession with the female lead became severe until he kidnapped her to keep at his side. But, Prince Noah managed to save her and he killed him in the process of saving the female lead.

       "Pleased to meet you, my Lady." He extended his hand and I slowly took his hand. I forced myself to smile and greeted him. Fear subconsciously started to crawling in my heart.

Why the second male lead aka the villain is here?! I believe Ava didn't meet him until she married to the prince. Why I meet him now?