chapter 5

"Holy crap! Your wings are like, sooo pretty!" Mina gushes.

"Your halo is just dazzling! But not as twinkling as me!" Aoyama winks. 

"Oi, you angel bastard!" Bakugou shouts, "let me beat you up to the pulp!"

"That's not manly! Say sorry!" Kirishima yell-whispers, sending me a pitiful smile before trying to retain the hothead.

I simply stand in the center of the group, crowded by all the students of class 1a.

How did I get here?

...

I was bribed.

--flashback--

As the police take away All for One, I begin to head for home. Except I don't teleport right away, wanting to go get some ice cream first. Considering how large the crowds are at the moment, it would be inconvenient to teleport and accidentally land on someone, so I decide against teleporting to the ice cream shop as well. 

And so, I begin walking away on the air.

"Wait! Hey kid!"

Turning around, I look down at a scrawny version of All Might panting as he runs on the ground.

I sigh and float down to him.

"If you're worried about me exposing that you didn't completely beat the mole-rat don't worry. I don't have anyone to tell anyways so-"

"No," All Might interrupts, "that's not why I called you out, um..."

"(l/n)," I say. "(l/n) (y/n)."

It's not like he can track me down anyway, judging how I'm not written in any citizen or birth files whatsoever.

"I see, well then, young (y/n)," the hero smiles. "Thank you."

I shrug. I didn't really do anything to be thanked for anyway. The naked mole-rat was weak to me, but I still have manners unlike him, so I don't say that.

All Might continues.

"I was also wondering how you know about me and young Midoriya...?"

"Oh," I respond. "You guys are way too obvious about it. Midoriya always shouts 'Detroit Smash!' or something all the time, and you guys meet 'secretly' every other day. I'm surprised how dense the rest of the class is." To put emphasis, I lazily imitate their signature punch with sarcasm.

The hero sheepishly rubs his nape as he looks away, coughing. After he finishes, he turns more serious.

"Young (y/n), what do you mean by being class 1a's guardian?"

"It's exactly what it means. I guard them. Is that all?" I answer. It's not some kind of secret, so I don't really mind telling anyone.

All Might sweatdrops.

"Ah, well um-"

"All Might!" a policeman calls out, jogging up to us. Noticing my figure by the hero's side, the policeman halts.

"Sorry, am I interrupting something...?" he questions, eyeing me up and down warily. 

"Tsukauchi," All Might nods. "You see, this young kid seems to know about One for All-"

Without hesitation, the policeman cuffs my hands. 

Alarmed, the hero frantically tries to stop Tsukauchi from doing more, afraid that I would explode his arms like I did to All for One. But instead, he stares in confusion when I let myself get handcuffed.

"I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to put you under arrest for suspicion."

"Wait a second, Tsukauchi, this kid saved me. If it weren't for them, I really might have lost," All Might explains as he waves his arms around. He inhales sharply and coughs out some blood from the movement, and the policeman immediately lets go of me to help the hero.

"Toshinori, you really went and did it, didn't you," Tsukauchi chuckles, draping a jacket over the scrawny hero. I watch their friendly interactions silently, wondering if I should break the handcuffs or not.

"Sorry about that," the policeman suddenly says to me. "I'm Detective Tsukauchi!"

"(l/n) (y/n)."

"Well the (y/n), I'm really sorry but I'm going to need to keep the handcuffs on...even if it seems like you can break them off," he chuckles, indicating that All Might already told him everything.

"Don't worry. I won't do anything...it's too much of a hassle," I state, rolling my head to look at all the other policemen and heroes scattered everywhere. It would take some energy to brainwash everyone.

"Great," the detective smiles. "Let's all go to the police station and take you to the hospital," he offers, motioning to All Might's beat-up body.

Nodding, the hero and I follow Tsukauchi into his car. 

I make reporters all point their cameras to the crime scene instead of All Might so that I wouldn't get seen and waste time waiting for the hero to finish interviews. 

Sighing, I look out the car window as we drive away.

I can tell it's going to be a long day.