Chapter One; The Reaping

I stood in the circle of 100 people. 24 of us are going to the games.

"Guys, Whoever goes in, it's going to be hard. Since we're all friends," It was Rendog who spoke.

I nodded.

"Yeah, and to the 24 of us who go in, good luck," I say to the group.

We all turn to face the stage. The drawing of names is about to begin. 

"Welcome! Let's get this started! The first person from team 1 is... Captain Sparkles!" The announcer spoke. Captain Sparkles walked onto the stage.

"The second person from team 1 is... Karl Jacobs!" Karl walked onto the stage, and shook hands with Sparkles, then they were taken to the special area for people who had already been put in their teams.

"Let's do this quicker shall we? Two names at a time!" I shiver. I have a good chance not to be picked, but even if I do, I hope I get Dream or Sapnap as my partner. I mean, everyone else is good too, but they're the best option for me.

"Team 2 is... GeorgeNotFound and Wilbur Soot!"

"Team 3 is... Tommyinnit and Tubbo_!"

"Team 4... Sapnap and Dangthatsalongname!" Damnit. 

"Team 5... Hbomb94 and The_Eret!"

"Team 6! Smallishbeans and Philza!"

"Team 7! Fwip and Cubfan135!"

"Team 8! Quig and Grian!"

"Team 9! Punz and Illumina!"

Team 10! Y/N and," Oh fuck im going into the games...

"Technoblade!" Techno? I've heard of his skills, but i've never interacted with him. I just hope we can win this.

I walk over to the stage and go to shake hands with techno. I notice its like a hoof, but it makes sense since he's a pig man thing. Once we're led off the stage to the special area, the announcer keeps announcing teams.

"Team 11! Spifey and Dream"

"Team 12! FalseSymmetry and Rendog!"

I walk over to Dream. 

"I'm sorry you have to go back in..." He won the hunger games 2 years ago, and was never the same since. 

"I'll be fine. I know what to do, and if I die, I die. Simple as that," He responded and turned away. 

We were led into a long hallway with 12 rooms. All the teams were led into separate rooms. Techno and I were led into the room with a number 10 on the door. Probably because we're the 10th team.

We sat at the table across from each other. 

"So, during the games, do we split up or stick together?" I ask. I want to be as prepared as possible.

"I say in the beginning we stick together until there's a few people left. Then we split up, and get as many kills as possible," I was a bit taken aback a bit by his monotone voice, but quickly recovered.

I nodded.

"Who do you think we need to take out first, and try to stay away from the most?" 

"Well, I think we try and let other people kill the weaker people first. We need to stay away from Dream because since he won the one 2 years ago,he's probably going to have the most kills. Then Sapnap. All the others I think we can take. But stay away from Dream and Sapnap the most," He said.

I nodded again. 

"Contestants! Please report to the dressing rooms that have your team number on the door. Your stylists will take it from there. You will then be sent into the arena, and the hunger games will begin," The announcer spoke over the loudspeaker.

Techno and I walked to the dressing room with the number 10 on it, and walked inside. Someone instantly grabbed my arm and pulled me behind a curtain. The gave me a fresh pair of underwear. A pair of waterproof pants, a thick long sleeve shirt and waterproof jacket. All colored black. The jacket had orange stripes on the sleeves. 

"Change into this." She said and left. I did so and changed. The jacket had a 10 on the chest pocket. (If you are female pretend your hair is braided.) 

I walked back out and saw Techno in the same outift. We were led into a room with the other contestants. 

There was an akward silence I decided to break.

"Good luck everyone," I said. There were many nods of agreement before we were dragged off to go into 24 different rooms. There was a glass tube in the center.

"You have 30 seconds to be ready in the tube."

My breathing started to pick up. There's NO WAY im winning this thing. And if Techno and I are the last two left? One of us has to die. It'll be me. 

"20 seconds"

I walked backwards until my back pressed against the door. I shook my head.

"10 seconds"

I finally walked into the tube, and the door slid shut.

"0 seconds. Good luck"

I was started to be lifted. My eyes began to adjust to the light once I was at the surface. We were all in a circle, and the drum began counting down. I watched the timer on the weapons depot start at 50, then count down with each beat of the drum. 

I looked around. To my left there was a field, my right a forest, and in front of me a lake. A quick glance behind me told me there was just more forest. 

I looked over at Techno, he moved his head slightly towards the forest. I looked to the weapons depot then back at him. He shook his head.

I looked back at the timer. 

10...

9...

8...

The drum beating down with each count.

7...

6...

5...

4...

3...

2...

1...

The hunger games has begun.