Chapter 6; Promise Kept

⚠️TW//BLOOD, GORE, DEATH, VIOLENCE⚠️

Illumina approached menacingly, bow in hand, notching another arrow. 

Grian couldn't walk with the arrow buried in his calf. I set him down against a nearby tree, sitting upright. I yanked Techno over.

"Guard him. Illumina is good with a bow," I say before standing to walk over to Illumina.

I notch an arrow into my own bow, and draw back the string. Illlumina does the same. I breathe, and focus on aiming the arrow at his chest. 

I release the arrow, shocked when it grazed his arm. Usually I can't shot a bow for anything.

He quickly changed his aim towards Grian, releasing the arrow. 

I run to block it, as does Techno, but both of us to late. 

The arrow pierced Grian's chest. The cannon sounded moments after.

I rush to Grian, while Techno charged Illumina. 

There's nothing I can do. He's alreadly dead.

Techno and Illumina deep in battle, I hear other swords clanging in the distance, and begin running towards the sound, hoping to steal a kill or two.

I see the people and notice its Hbomb and Karl. I rush over, keeping my promise to the Blue Bats. When I got there, it was to late. 

I watched the sword pierce through his stomach, and blood soak his clothes. Karl ran off. I ran to H, and knelt beside him. His eyes flicked around.

"Y/N?" 

"H, where is your team? Why would you leave them?" I ask, tears welling up in my eyes slightly.

"I was hunting..." He says, his gaze fading into the distance. 

"Nononononono H, you are going to push through, If I can so can you," I say, draping an arm around my shoulder and pulling him to his feet. 

"Y/N it's useless, i'm a goner, I knew this when I was sent into the games," He says.

"Thats what I thought too, but I've made it this far. You are NOT giving up," I say beginning to walk back where Techno and Illumina were probably still fighting.

H collaspes to the ground.

"H you are not going to die right now," I try thinking of something to say but my mind goes blank. I let a few tears slip down my cheeks.

"I'm going to POG through the pain will I?" He asks with a slight laugh. I chuckle.

"Yeah, we'll POG through the pain," I say looking into his blue eyes. I hear him chuckle again slightly as his gaze fades into the distance, and the cannon sounds.

I rest my head on his chest, which was no longer drawing in breaths of air. 

"We'll POG through the pain..." I whisper, before standing and sprinting off to find Techno.

I found him still in a duel with Illumina, I grab his arm and sprint off.

Short chapter! I'm on Thanksgiving break now, so I'll be writing more! 

"We'll POG through the pain..."