Chapter 10; The Final Fight

⚠️TW//BLOOD, DEATH, GORE, VIOLENCE⚠️

TEAR WARNING! GET YOUR TISSUES READY!

My hand closed around the small handle of the blade. 

"ATTENTION CONTESTANTS! Please make your way to the center of the arena. If you are with another contestant, DO NOT KILL THEM! Make your way to the center of the arena," The announcer spoke. I glare at Sapnap. 

"You got lucky," I say, letting go of the knife.

"From now on, this is being broadcast for the country to see!" The announcer spoke (It wasn't being broadcast before)

Sapnap yanked on my elbow and we walked to the center. 

"It's being broadcast now. What do you wanna say?" Sapnap asked me.

"Hey friends. I might win this, but no promises." I say.

He nods.

"I'll be home for supper soon mom," He says. I laugh.

"Confident are we?" I say laughing.

"Yes I am," He says.

"I dont sense the scarasm," I say. Was this the same man who was trying seconds ago?

"There is none. I'm going home. And if I'm not you are," He says. I felt a small blush rise to my cheeks. 

"Who do you like Y/N. It has to be someone who has been in this arena with you," He says.

"I-- Well, I-" I stutter. Uhm... I didn't like anyone... 

"No one!" I burst out.

"Y-You?" I question.

"It's you Y/N,"

I freeze. 

"Me? But you were trying to kill me?" 

"True-

I don't know Y/N! I just wanted to go home. And that meant killing you," 

I nod.

Eventually we reach the center. Techno, Eret, and False were alreadly there.

"Place all weapons back in the weapons depot. It will be like the beginning. Stand on the platform with your name once you are clear of weapons," The announcer spoke.

I noticed the 24 orignal platforms were gone and replaced by five. 

I grumble, walking inside the weapons depot and placed my knife belt down. I found the podium with the number 10 and my name on the metal. 

I stepped onto the platform. 

I look over to Techno who looked back at me. The drum started counting down, just as it had in the beginning. 

I brace for when the extra long beat comes, ready to sprint for my knives. My only worry is that Eret will get there first, since he has direct access. 

He does.

The drum beat comes and I sprint off. I was facing the back end of the building, so I had to run around to the front. 

I watched as Eret sprinted inside. I ran in after him, tackling him to the ground. I get kicked off and he runs outside. I chase after him. Sprinting across the field.

"Happy Birthday Y/N!" He yelled. What? It's not my birth-

Oh.

He's referring to sprinting through the field on my birthday with Tubbo.

I had stopped running out of shock, and came back to Earth when Eret hurled a knife towards me.

I rolled backwards, dogeing the blade. I took off to where it had landed. One blade was all I needed. 

I glance around to find someone to throw it too.

I saw False get stabbed by Sapnap.

"NO!" I shout, throwing the blade towards Sapnap. To my suprise, it landed on his skull. Killing him instantly.

BOOM

BOOM

The two cannons fired. Three of us left.

I sprinted towards Eret, even though he was drawing a blade from his belt. I saw him bring up the arm holding the blade. I ran faster. 

As he threw the blade towards me, Techno leaped in front of me, taking the blade.

It sunk into his stomach. 

"Techno!" I shouted. I ran beside him and collasped to my knees.

His clothes will beginning to soak with blood around the knife. His kings cloak was laying underneath him. 

"No... Techno please!" I shout. His arms reached up to his head, removing the crown that always sat there. 

He lifted his arms to place it on my head. 

He next removed the royal cloak from beneath him and draped it around my shoulders, clasping the clasp shut.

"Win the games. Make your family proud," He said, looking me in the eyes. I let a single tear fall down my cheek before he reached up and brushed it off.

"Royalty doesn't cry," He says with a smile. I gently smile back. 

"This royalty does," I say, letting a few more tears fall down my cheeks. He sat up even though I could tell it hurt him to do so.

He pulled me into a hug. I hugged back, moments after the cannon went off for the third time within 15 minuets. 

I placed Techno's lifeless body on the ground. I stood, hair slightly blowing in the wind, cloak billowing behind me.

I turn to look at Eret. Grabbing the singular blade that was laying on the ground next to me. 

I adjust the Techno's crown that sat on my head. I loosened the clasp on the cloak a little. The fur outlining the fabric on the edges was tinted slightly red. The cloak reached my ankles. 

I gripped the handle of the knife. Eret threw his blade towards me, I threw mine a fraction of a millisecond later.

I missed my throw and cursed lightly.  I let in a sharp intake of air when I felt something sink into my stomach. 

I felt my clothes soak with my blood as I fell onto my back. I let in a sharp gasp of air. I couldn't say anything. Just let my mouth slightly parted as I turned my head to where Techno's body lay beside me. 

I looked at my hand, then his. I reached out and wrapped my fingers around his pigs hoof of a hand. 

I looked back towards the sky. 

The canopy of leaves look so pretty... 

"Don't forget me, Eret. Don't forget me or Tubbo," I finally bring myself to say.

"I won't," He says. My vision is blurred, but I can tell he's looking at me.

"Promise?" I ask. I think a tear ran down my cheek but it was hard to tell.

"I promise," I fell him kneel next to me and take my other hand.

"You won," I say. I focus my attention on the leaves and trees.

"I did," He says, giving my hand a slight squeeze.

"When you go home," I begin, turning my head to look at him.

"Sprint through the field for me and Tubbo, will you?" I ask. He nods. 

I look back to the trees.  

I close my eyes, a feeling of peace washed over me.

I heard Eret let out a sob.

And somewhere, very far in the distance, a cannon sounded. 

"I won't forget Y/N. I promise,"