Chapter 3; Down With the Revolution

⚠️⚠️TW// BLOOD GORE EXTREME VIOLENCE⚠️⚠️

The blade left my hand. I watched as it spun through the air. George ducked, letting it spiral over his head, stabbing the bark of a tree.

I felt someone tackle me to the ground. I twisted around to see it was Eret. His hands reached down to tighten around my throat, cutting off my oxygen.

My thoughts became foggy, but a memory clear as day ran through my head.

"And the 12th team is... Y/N and Eret!"

This can't be happening. I'm only 13, I can't go into the games with my best friend...

"I volunteer!" My head turned to face the voice. It was my mother. I watched her walk to the stage, taking my place. 

As Eret started walking his father volunteered for him. We were safe.

But now we needed to watch our parents die.  

Throughout watching the games Eret and I stuck together. My mom was the first contestant to die. After she was brutally murdered, Eret stuck by my side. 

His dad made it to top 2, but was killed. Both our other parents had died before the games. 

I had my brother, but he was never around. So Eret and I had only each other. 

My hands reached up to free his grasp.

"You wont kill me, we've been through so much together. You won't be able to bring yourself to do it," I say, squirming slightly under his muscular body. 

"No, but I can have someone else kill you,"

"You couldn't bring yourself to watch me die, could you?" I say breaking his grasp enough for me to flip myself over him.

"I can't watch any of my friends die," He says.

"Oh we're still friends?" Another memory came back.

"Can we be friends?" A small boy with blond hair and green eyes approached us. It was just after the games where our parents died. 

"Of course!" I yell hugging the boy.

"What's your name?" Eret asked.

"I'm Tubbo!" Says the boy.

"I'm Y/N and this is Eret!" I say.

The three of us grew up together, hanging out and laughing every day. We watched the games together. Tubbo's parents were still alive. They became mine and Eret's other family. 

"Why wouldn't we still be friends? The games can't ruin that," Eret said, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, this might. I killed Tubbo," I say making eye contact.

"NO!" He threw me off him, into a tree.

My back smashed against the tree and I grunted in pain. 

He pressed a sword blade to my neck. 

"You don't have the guts to kill me," I smack away the sword and grabbed onto his throat. I held on until he passed out.

He lie, unconscious on the ground. 

I ran to collect the blade still in the bark of the tree. I looked around. Quig was in battle with Hbomb, Techno fighting Fwhip, Grian in battle with Wilbur, and George in the midst of it all. 

-Flashback-

He held onto me tightly, in the pouring rain. I was only 9 at the time.

There were people protesting in the streets. Saying the games should stop. That they NEED to stop.