2

I gotta take control now

But I sold my soul a long time ago

I feel like a ghost now

"It's for Lyra," he said

Everyone was in shock but of course mostly me. I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that I was going to be a student at Hogwarts. Wait, was I?

''This doesn't make sense at all," I said it was more like a question.

''What do you mean it's for Lyra, dad?'' Tina asked Mr. Rosier. She looked at the letter.

''They want her in Hogwarts, after the winter break.'' Mr. Rosier said with no expression on his face.

I didn't believe any of this was happening right now. For a second I thought this was some kind of a sick joke or something but the way Mr. Rosier said it made me believe it was hundred percent real. I wanted to read what was actually written on the letter.

''Mr. Rosier can you give me the letter, please?'' I asked.

He nodded and handed me the letter and I started reading it.

Dear Ms. Rosier,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Our sincerest apologies for the delay in your acceptance letter. By all rights, you should have received it during the year you turned eleven years old. We knew your education on Witchcraft and Wizardry was given to you outside the school but we think it would be much more appropriate for you to continue your education at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. We very much look forward to receiving you as part of the new generation of Hogwarts Heritage.

Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on December 27th. We await your all by no later than December 26th. 

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress

I finished reading the letter and looked around the room. Mrs. Rosier was biting her nails, she always did this when she was nervous. Mr. Rosier was looking at his hands and playing with his rings. Tina was looking at me, like she was waiting for me to say something.

''It says that they want me in Hogwarts.'' I said with no emotion at all. I was shocked.

''I don't understand, why did they send it now?'' Tina asked, furrowing her eyebrows at me.

''We don't know, darling.'' Mr. Rosier said softly.

Mrs. Rosier cleared her throat, ''Let's continue to our dinner and discuss this later.'' She said.