Chapter Three: Moon Rose (Part 1)

"Arghh!" The man screams as the tendon on his leg was cut. Now both his leg is completely useless.

"Tell me what I want," Mei said in a low voice, it made her sound cold.

It has been three months since she left the cave. She had returned to the Night Walkers a few days after she left the cave where she made a blood pact.

She reached the base of Inkrirdar only to find it completely raided. It was within her expectation, with a traitor amongst them, the Night Walkers would be destined to fall sooner or later. And it has been a long time before she can return, giving Eclipse plenty of time to destroy them.

Everything was in ruin, even the hall where they have always grouped for toasting and celebration. It was all desecrated. Many bodies could be found around the premises, burnt and rotten corpses alike. Outsiders wouldn't be able to get in so quickly, nor would they be able to take it down so swiftly.

Based on her observation, it was most probably Sara who gave way to Eclipse for an easy victory. She led the enemies into their home, and she killed her comrades for some petty deal.

It made Mei sick how someone they treated as a family would betray them a moment later for personal gains.

After searching the entire area, Mei managed to find a clue. Some of the Night Walkers might still actually be alive. Mei almost misses the clue, even with her heightened sense, so she doubts that Eclipse would have realized.

On the way in, there were also bodies, probably an ambush set up by Eclipse to take out the remaining Night Walkers who returned from their missions. This way, they could ensure that the Night Walker would be completely uprooted and will no longer be of any threat to them. Mei left the place after that, her heart bleeding at the sight of her destroyed home. Much like the village where she spent her time to recuperate.

It was there and then she swore an oath to herself. A blood oath. That she would destroy Eclipse one day. She was determined to have her revenge. And at the same time, make peace for the world.

Since then, she has been busy, gathering information. She has been on the move ever since, identifying and hunting down people related to Eclipse and getting them to talk. She was merciless and cold towards her enemies. She will often promise to let them go if they give her information, but she always kills them in the end.

A few outposts were destroyed by her, and she always leaves the highest-ranked personnel alive for interrogation.

In the very beginning, she had accidentally stumble into a squad of soldiers belonging to Eclipse by accident. And when she killed everyone but the captain, the man begged and spill all the information he knows for a chance to live. It was then she realized that these men might have information that she needs. And she has continued to do so.

"Please..." The man pleaded. "Don't hurt me anymore... I'll tell you what you want."

Mei did not say anything, merely waiting for him to continue. Her right hand was holding a short dagger, blood dripped from the blade.

"The man that you're looking for, the captain will be going to the tavern in Coira Village. In three days, at midnight." The man said. "Please... that's all I know. I beg you, have mercy."

"Of course."

Mei cuts the man's throat abruptly, blood gushed out of the wound, painting the man's clothing in red. Mei watched the man chokes in his blood. Before long, the man breathed his last. The chair in which he was tied to was soaked in blood.