Teaser

"Would you take this chance that I offer you?" Mei asks, looking down on the man who was lying on the ground bleeding. "Or will you perish here along with your friends and families?"

The man was barely Mei's age, his whole village was slaughtered by Eclipse and he was dying when Mei came. She eradicated all the soldiers in the village, rendered them bodies on the ground.

The man took the offer, even when she told him that he will no longer be human if she accepts. In his mind, he wanted a taste of revenge, of the things that were promised to him.

* * *

When he woke up, he felt different. He could feel the strength, the power fueling him. His red eyes scan the surroundings and noticed Mei and Iya sitting near the entrance of the hut.

He realized the two women were looking at him the moment he woke up, they were observing him.

"I believe you have questions?" Mei asks as she crosses her leg.

"Yes." The man confirms as he stands up. "I'd like to know more. Who are you? And what are you?"

"You're a sharp one." Mei praised the man with a smile. Mei stood up and open the door. Under the moonlit light, several other figures could be seen standing outside. They all have similar red eyes, the man realizes. He unconsciously reaches up to touch his eyes.

"Welcome to the family. My name is Mei, I am she who changed you. We are the Ascended, and we are here to purge the world of its dirt."

"I am a demon. A queen. A ruler. I will be she who destroys Eclipse, together with all of you. I will be the judge, the executor, and the reaper." She looks at the man in the eyes. "I am what all men should fear."

"I am Death."