Chapter Four: Sanguine Moon (Part 1)

"What are your plans?" Mei asked the leading figure in the rebel base. They had returned to the rebel base once they left Elderwood forest, the location of their base was stationed in the mountain ranges.

The rebels had claimed this space as their headquarters, high up in the mountains of Eir. According to Yeoman, the rebels have been here for some time. The heavy mist covering the entire mountain made it a good spot for hiding from Eclipse. There were many people here, all over the place, they made more space inside the caves system found by the side of the mountain.

The head of the rebels was a man named Clarion, he was an old and experienced fighter, with light gray hair that seemed almost white from afar. He wore leather armor, and he has a sword attached to a scabbard behind his back.

"We don't have any actual plans." Clarions crossed his hands, looking at Mei.

When Mei and Iya reached the rebel's headquarter, they were asked to rest before they discuss further plans. It had been a long and tough journey on the way. Though Mei rejected flatly, asking for the war meeting to be held immediately.

Yeoman wanted to complain at first but kept quiet upon seeing how persistent she was. He had no choice but to bring Mei and Iya to meet Clarion, where they were currently discussing the next step.

"..." Mei was speechless. She had a higher expectation of the rebels and did not expect them not to have any plans.

"We've been mainly focusing on disrupting their chain of commands, and the occasional parties that were sent out on missions," Clarion explained, he has a coarse voice, and every time he speaks, Mei could not shake the feeling of thinking the man was strangled before.

"Very well. I suggest taking out their newest Guardian." Mei went straight to point, making the rebels bare their weapons on Sara. "She will be the weakest among all the Guardians, and she is considerably more vulnerable."

"According to Percival, it seemed that you lost to the so call the weakest Guardian, no?" Clarion pointed out. "And you are not weak at all. We've been keeping track of your... achievements since you started a few months earlier."

"I doubt you could do any better. I bet that you won't be even able to reach her, let alone kill her." Mei mocked the man. Even so, the old man did not seem to be affected by it.

"You seemed to have a grudge with this Sara?" Clarion asked carefully, studying Mei's expression.

"It does not concern you, just tell me if you agree to this plan. If you don't agree, I will just be on my way out now," Mei spoke bluntly.

"What makes you think that you can leave so easily?" Clarion was interested in her reaction.

"What makes you think your men can stop me?" Mei retorted.

"Hmm... true we can't fight you, but your comrades are a different story."

Mei moved so quickly that nobody in the rooms managed to react, her sword was removed from its scabbard and placed on Clarion's neck. "You can try." She said in a cold voice.

"Don't do anything rash," Yeoman voiced out his concerns, trying to calm Mei. "Let's talk peacefully, we have the same enemy."

"I was merely joking," Clarion said as Mei removed her sword from his neck. "But now I know you care about your companion very much, as we all do." He sighs deeply and looks at Mei. "Very well. We shall follow your plan. Even if it might be the end of us. We will need more information, and equipment before we do anything. While we are preparing, I hope you can help us. It will certainly hasten things up."