Chapter Two

Zander's P.O.V.

All of the music club members made their way out of the club room.

"Ugh, you guys are so lucky you all have gym. I'm stuck in math," Milly complained.

"Hey, at least we have it together, right?" Sean countered.

"Yeah, I guess..." Milly responded unenthusiastically.

Jake chimed in, "Well, the school field is out this way," he gestured toward a direction that was opposite that of the math classroom, "So I guess we'll see you two at rehearsals tomorrow!"

"Maybe we'll actually get something done," Hailey said, slightly complaining.

Luke became apologetic, "Yeah, sorry Hailey. I know my song took up rehearsal time."

"Oh, don't worry Luke. You're not the one I blame for our lack of productivity," Hailey heavily eyed Jake while talking.

"Heh, sorry Hailey," Jake quickly remarked.

"Well, Milly and I should get going," Sean commented, "See ya later guys!"

"Yeah, bye," Milly said with as little excitement possible. With that Sean and Milly walked off to math.

"We should get going too," Hailey said.

"Actually, I think I'm gonna run ahead to catch up with Drew, Liam, and Henry. You guys okay walking without me?" Jake asked.

"Yeah, we've been doing it the whole entire school year so far," Hailey stated.

"Okay, bye guys!" Jake then ran off and out of sight.

"Ugh, so typical of him to just run off to his little posse."

Zander teased, "Almost sounds like you're jealous."

Hailey blushed a little, "Shut up! Let's just get walking already."

"Fine," Zander replied.

Hailey, Zander, and Luke then started walking. The hallway was surprisingly empty considering the bell just rang, but that's probably because most students would be coming from the cafeteria, and not club rooms. As they continued walking, they got close to the point where they would need to turn if Zander would want to stop by his locker, so Zander stopped walking, and spoke.

"I think I'm going to grab a book from my locker to read during gym."

"Are you ever going to actually participate in sports, Zander?" Hailey tsked.

"We've lived together for over ten years now. I think you've gaged a pretty good understanding of my athletic capabilities. What do you think?"

"Fine, go get your book."

"My locker is just down this way. You guys can go ahead, and I'll catch up to you."

"Do you want me to come with you?" Luke asked.

"No, I'll be fine. You guys go ahead."

"Alright," Luke responded.

Luke and Hailey then continued down their path to get to the school field, and Zander makes a turn to head toward his locker. As he was walking alone in the halls, he started getting this weird unsettling feeling. Not like he was in danger or something horrible was about to happen. Just this feeling, like a marble sitting in his chest. Whatever, this song has just put me in a weird funk, he thought. Zander arrived at his locker and opened it. If I'm bothered by the fact Luke isn't telling me as much anymore, I should just ask him about it. Zander pulled the book out of his locker, and closed the door.