Chapter Fourteen

Zander's P.O.V.

Zander just sent Stacy a text saying, "Hey Stacy. It's Zander." He put his phone down on his desk, not expecting to get a reply soon, but he almost immediately heard his phone make a small ping. He looked at his phone to see a text from Stacy that read, "Hey Zander! It's me, Stacy!" Zander thought, I literally just said "Hey Stacy." I know you're Stacy; you don't need to say it. But Zander pushed his thoughts aside. He didn't want to be annoyed by her. He sent another text, "You said you wanted to talk about asking out Luke?"

Stacy quickly replied, "Yes!! I'm just not sure exactly what I should do. Like, how would he wanna be asked out? Should I do something more big?"

Zander, maybe a little too quickly, sent, "No. You don't need to do anything like that." He wasn't sure why he said that. In all honesty, Luke would probably like some big, mushy, romantic ask out. But Zander really didn't want to spend his time planning out some elaborate thing just for Stacy. He wanted to get it over with.

Stacy then sent a message, "Well what should I do?"

Zander couldn't help but be a little ticked off. If you like him much, you should at least have some idea of what to do! Hell, I'd do a better job taking Luke out. Zander quickly realized how that sounded in his head, and pushed the thought away. He typed out a message, "Maybe ask him out when he's alone in the music room or something? I could probably easily set that up for you."

"That's a great idea! Thank you!"

"No problem," Zander wrote. It really wasn't a problem at all. Zander had barely put any thought into the idea. Zander then realized if he had to be the one to get Luke alone in the music room, he would need to know when to do that, so he sent another message, "So when do you think you're going to ask him out?"

"Well, I was thinking tomorrow!"

For some reason that hit Zander a little hard.

Stacy sent another message, further explaining, "Tomorrow is Friday after all, so that would give us the weekend to go out afterwards."

Zander quickly brushed off the feeling he had before, and suggested, "If that's your plan, then you should probably wait until after school to confess. That way you aren't on a time constraint either."

"Great idea!" Stacy said. And with that their conversation was over. All Zander had to do now was figure out how to get Luke alone in the music room after school without seeming too suspicious. He decided to go to Hailey's room to get suggestions from her. He stood at her door, and gave two small knocks, before being met with a "come in!" Zander opened the door, and decided to take this as an opportunity to lecture Hailey.

"You see Hailey. That's how someone properly enters a room. They knock first."

Hailey was sitting at her desk, with Zander's chemistry textbook open. She looked at Zander, and rolled her eyes, "Okay, I get it. I don't knock, and I'm intrusive. I'll work on it. But what do you want?"

"I was just wondering if there's any reason for someone to stay in the music room after school?"

Hailey sat fully back into her chair, and thought, "Well, the music room could use some cleaning, but Sean usually just takes care of that."

"Do you think you could have Luke do it?"

"Why?" Hailey asked, confused.

Zander groaned, "I don't want to get deep into it. I'm not in the mood. Just, can you ask him?"

"I mean, as long as he's fine with doing it, yeah," Hailey agreed.

"Okay. Thanks," Zander remembered that he didn't want the whole thing to come off as suspicious to Luke, and tagged on, "Maybe don't tell him I ask either."