Chapter Eleven

Zander's P.O.V.

"Ow! Oh, sorry!" Zander heard a slightly high-pitched female voice call out. The voice belonged to the girl Luke liked, Stacy. For some reason Zander found himself annoyed by her at this moment. Why am I bothered by her? She literally just apologized for what was both of our faults.

"No need to apologize," Zander said, "It was my fault too."

"Hey!" Stacy exclaimed, "Your name's Zander right? You're Luke's friend!"

"Uh, yeah. Why? Has he mentioned me?" Zander asked.

"No, I just recognize you from the two of you hanging out. Luke and I don't really talk much..." she said the last part with a hint of sorrow. Zander didn't really know what to say.

"Uh, okay. Well I'll be on my way-"

"Wait!" Stacy called out, cutting off Zander, "Uh, sorry, just, I was wondering, has Luke ever mentioned me?" Zander took notice of the extreme amount of blush on Stacy's face.

"Yeah, he has."

Stacy blushed more, and started twirling a small bit of her hair, "Really? When?"

For some reason, despite Stacy doing nothing wrong, she kept rubbing Zander off the wrong way, "Why do you want to know?"

Stacy chuckled a little, and stared at the ground, before looking back up at Zander again, "Uh, do you think you could keep this between us?"

"Sure," Zander agreed flatly.

"Well..." Stacy trailed off a bit, her voice sounding dreamy, "I actually like Luke. Like, I like like him. I have a crush on him..."

Zander wasn't sure what to call the feeling he felt after hearing that. It wasn't happiness, it wasn't sadness, it wasn't anger. The best way to describe it would have been nothingness. And only one thought seemed to enter Zander's mind. Guess things will work out for them... He would've thought he would've felt more happy for best friend, but he really didn't. It was just...nothingness. A new image popped into his mind to describe how he felt. It was almost like a crack in a brick wall. Like a brick or two was starting to fall loose. Zander wasn't sure what that even meant.

"But you're his friend. Do you happen to know he feels about me?" Stacy asked, with hope in her voice. Usually Zander wouldn't just blab to Luke's crush that he liked her, but she liked him back. What harm would it do? There wasn't any point in lying.

"He likes you back," Zander said.

Stacy did this tiny giggle squeal thing in response, "He does? He really does?"

"That's what I said..."

Stacy continued to hold a big grin on her face, "Okay, okay," she started shuffling through her backpack, "I wanna ask Luke out, but I want it to be nice, so..." she pulled out a tiny slip of paper, and handed it to Zander, "That's my phone number! You know him really well, so maybe you could help me with some ideas?"

Zander looked down at the tiny slip of paper with conflicted emotions, "I-"

Stacy cut him off again, "Oh! I really have to go! Thank you!" Stacy then quickly hugged Zander. That certainly caught him off guard. She was certainly...saccharine... Stacy then pulled away, "Bye!" She then ran off.

Zander was left, still staring at the piece of paper in his hand. He didn't exactly agree to help her out. He decided to just stuff the paper in his pocket, and decided what to do with it later. He still had to get his folder.

Zander then speedily made his way through the halls, grabbed the folder from the classroom, then headed back to Luke. The halls had cleared up a good bit in the time he and Stacy had talked. Zander was a little surprised that that was the girl Luke liked. The more he thought about it, it wasn't that crazy. Luke was sweet, and she was sweet. But she seemed almost a little too sweet. Saccharine, like had thought before. But he was probably just being overly cynical.