006.

💙"Mirah narrations"💙

Everyone stared at me in shock like I did sum wrong.

No matter where they was in the car, I had some kind of stare looking at me.

It eventually got to the point where I couldn't take it any longer....

"The frek yall want!" I snapped. I felt bad saying it the way I did, but I felt like the whole world was against me.

And as a response, they just turned their heads away. The hell?

Was they... scared of me?....

💙"Mirah P.O.V"💙

"Yall think Bam finna be okay?" Jay asked aloud.

"I hope so mane." Jakari said, looking up from his phone.

"Same." Uncle Mike said, turning sharply left. Everyone suddenly squished together then apart as the sudden speed of the car picked up slightly.

It felt like we were mourning a loss. As I looked around, I could see the pain in erryone eyes.

Though, no matter the hurt we was feelin, it aint take long for someone to question me about the fight a few minutes ago...

"So was it true mirah? Dede asked, with visible anger in his eyes. "Did that buffalo really do dat to bam? A tear flew down my cheek, as I heard those words. It hurt to be reminded of what she did, but what's worse is that it happened not even a full hour ago.

"Yeah. I responded pulling out my phone. (I do that for distraction when I'm in my feelins.)  "All I could say is that I have no shame for what I did. I just happened to be at the right place at the right time."

"Well what we gonna do now? My momma asked us.

"Prey." Uncle Mike responds as he pulls into a large hill.

We made it to the hospital...

💙"Mirah narrations"💙

We pull in the emergency parking lot of st. Monica's hospital. (It was a HUGE building. )

As were were looking for a spot, I watched as they unloaded bam and the girl out of the ambulance.
Both still unconscious, and bleeding.

Once mike turned the engine off, we ZOOMED out that car and into the double doors that stood big and tall in front of us.

"Were right behind you mane! Mike shouted. "Let's go yall.

💙"Mirah P.O.V"💙

While they was being brought onto a floor, we were stopped at the front desk by a middle aged woman with glasses, bigger than the bun on top of her head.

"Who are you here to see? She asks nicely. Mike steps up. "That's our brother that was just rushed to the ER. His name is uh- Brandon Dukes."

The woman takes out multiple navy blue wrist bands and 4 white  markers. "Lemme put his name in...and while I'm doing that, you can write your names on these, put them on and your free to go in." She says handing everything to my mom and mike.

I could almost see the veins in his head ready to burst. I could see the stress and worry in his eyes.
"Uh. Fine fine. He says, then snatches the stuff out the womans hand.

"Ohh I see your in a rush. She says, giggling. "Done. His room is 186 on floor 3."

"Thanks maam." We say and rush past her to the elevator.

And of course there was alot of people in front if it.

"We wont get there soon enough to know what's happening to him!" Tori said.

"Let's go for the stairs." I say opening the door to them. "Yall go in front of me this might take a second." My mom says looking at me and and my sister.

(Mom was never really good with stairs. And to be honest,  I forgot my sister was even here.)

"Aight. See yall up there!" I blurted, and didn't hesitate to be the first one to the top. I zoomed up the stairs and the boys followed.

Mike ended up passing me and beating me to the second floor. Then after that jay beat him, and made it to the 3rd floor first. (He tripped and fell at last minute though. We died laughing for a second then proceeded to push and shove our way to bam's room.)

When we made it, it got quiet. The aroma of fried chicken and rice suddenly filled the hallways and we got distracted by it but knew what was more important.

(That hospital ice! I know I'm not the only one that thinks it's the best thing ever. I told jay to go get me some, but he said no and that bam was more important 😒)

Anyway by the time we went in the room, there was this male nurse standing next to him, filling up a small pouch with blood.

"Ohh. Who are you? The guy asks.

"Oh. Our bad. This her boyfriend and were here to visit. He got into a go kart accident. Mykel blurted. "Come on mane! Why you say dat!?" I shoved at him.

"Oh well. Umm He is a little responsive, not familiar yet but he'll be okay. He lost a lot of blood and had miror injuries to his skull, but no serious damage anywhere else." The nurse guy said coming up to Mike.

"Aight mane thanks we got it from her'." Mike responds. "Okay lemme know if you need anything. My name is nurse Jacob." He says and walks out.

"BAM! You okay?! We all asked rush in ng over to him. Only his hands twitched a little. I understood he needed time to recover, but I was scared to death.

Then suddenly his eyes open. He looks left then right to see us all there over his body. I notice he couldnt speak clearly but he tried to get a few words out. "M-mirah? Dede? Mykel? Tori? Bam asks.

Tears flooded my face. He was back! "Hi. Omg HI! I quiet squealed. "Hey mane, glad you back." Mike butted in.

When just then my momma walks through the door. "Ohh is he okay!? She asks. "Shhhh. Yea he fine." My sister responds, pulling out her headphones.

"What happened? Bam asks reaching for his head. I pull it back down, so he doesn't accidentally rip off the bandages. We technically held hands for a split second.

"You got in a go kart crash! Dede says, looking at mike. "Us and your girlfriend came to see you in the hospital."

"I got a girlfriend now?! Bam says as his eyes widen in shock. "Who is it?!"

(Suddenly I feel that stare again. I know they was not lookin at me!)

"Mirah! All but my mom and sister shout. "We dating now? Bam asks me. "Yeah yall is! Mike interrupts. I suddenly start blushing.

"No we aint." I say looking the otha way. "You not looking so sure about that mane." Bam said glaring into my eyes. I start to smile.

"Even if we not, would you be my girlfriend mirah? Bam asks me in a soft voice. My eyes widen.

(Was this... FORREAL!? Was I about to have bam as my very own?)

"She says yes." Jay said, pushing me closer to bams bedside. Then they all stood back.

"Will you? Bam asks again. It then gets silent. I could tell they were waiting for an answer. The stare returns once again.

I look around, left and right to see big smiles on they faces. At that moment I knew there was only 1 right answer.....

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
"Yes!"