9.

Jungkook lazily saunters into the living room area as he rubs the sleep from his eyes. Seokjin gives a small smile at the younger as he stands in the kitchen.

"Good morning," he calls cheerfully, serving two golden brown pancakes onto a plate. He walks the plate of food to the table where Namjoon is seated with a cup of coffee and a newspaper. The older sets the pancakes down in front of the leader; the two exchange hushed words, Seokjin kissing his fiancé's cheek before beginning to clean up the kitchen. "Did you sleep well?"

Jungkook gives a nod before seating himself on the couch, blinking what is left of sleep out of his eyes. "Yeah, I slept okay," comes as hummed response. "Has Tae come back yet?"

"He's in the shower," the oldest smiles, rolling up his sleeves and starting the faucet to clean the dishes. Jungkook's heart does an unexpected stutter; the corners of his lips curl themselves in an unexpected smile, a smile that surprises Jungkook himself. He's back.

Namjoon stands with his plate and cup, walking to the sink. The two seem to argue for a second before Seokjin sighs and steps aside to let Namjoon wash his own dishes. Seokjin notices Jungkook smiling and says "He's always like this, trying to do more work than he needs to" with a smile of his own. Namjoon chuckles and gives Seokjin a peck on the lips, holding his cheek.

"It's the least I can do." He hums as his dimples appear, joining Seokjin in smiling.

Jungkook's lovesick smile seems to dissipate as the scene unfolds in front of him. He can't tell why the sudden ache in his heart makes smiling seem so unappealing. His eyes go from the couple lost in their own world and land on Yoongi, sauntering out of the hallway. With his shoulders hunched and his hair askew, you'd think he hadn't slept for days. The fact of the matter is it probably holds true to the heartbroken and worried-sick man. Jungkook almost wants to reach out to him; he wants to tell him that it's okay, they'll find his boyfriend. Contrary to his empathy, the other part of him knows that he doesn't understand how Yoongi fares in these kinds of situations. It's best to leave the man alone and not cause any more unnecessary strain.

"Where the hell did you go last night?" He spits, looking over his shoulder into the hallway.

"None of your damn business."

The voice draws a silent gasp from Jungkook. His heart skips a beat as he whips his head in the direction of the hallway, seeing Taehyung walk out. His hair is damp and his eyes are angry, not wavering from Yoongi's gaze.

"Morning Tae!" Jungkook calls cheerily, the involuntary smile coming back to visit. Both Yoongi and Taehyung look at Jungkook, Taehyung's expression softening almost instantaneously.

"Morning, Bunny," he smiles, making his way to the couch and sitting next to him. "Did you miss me?" He jokes, giving a crooked smile to the youngest, who's heart promptly reacts.

"Duhhh! Where di-" the words die in his throat as he notices a scar running along his cheekbone. The small wound draws a pout from him. "What's this?"

"What's what?" He plays dumb as he gives Jungkook the best oblivious look he can muster. He hadn't quite come up with an excuse for the scar yet; better to stall as much as he can.

"This," Jungkook says as he traces over the scar. "If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were getting all of these injuries to get attention," he chuckles lightheartedly, his heart swelling as he sees the smile Taehyung gives him.

"I'm constantly in so much pain, sweet bunny, it's unbearable," the older presses the back of his hand against his forehead as he looks up towards the ceiling, causing Jungkook to laugh at the dramatic sight and cross his arms, aiming to play along with Taehyung.

"What? Does the little baby who can't stand the pain need a kiss on his boo-boo?" Jungkook coos, speaking as if he were talking to a toddler. Taehyung doesn't break his position as he opens one eye and looks at Jungkook without moving his head.

"That would be nice," draws another laugh from the younger, undoubtedly making his heart flutter yet again. He leans forward and lightly kisses the scar on Taehyung's cheekbone, ignoring the flaring heat in his cheeks.

"There, all better now," he pats the other's head while giggling. Taehyung smiles at Jungkook, about to say something before Yoongi cuts them off.

"Joon called a meeting. Let's go."