Chapter 8 :A Snake's Wrath

Liam turned and struck his tail towards us. We jumped out of the way. Then, he spit a fireball from his mouth towards Jax. He slammed it with his hammer and the fireball blew. The force pushed Jax to the end of the park.

"Jax!" I shouted.

"Haha, told you," Liam laughed.

With my anger, I pushed it to my strength, I opened my hand and clones of me and holograms of me started to come out.

"Oh, what new toy is that?" Liam asked approaching me.

"Team, time to crash his enjoyment," I said grinning as my clones and holograms ran towards Liam.

"Now we're talking!" said Jack.

They advanced towards Liam while I ran over to Jax.

"You okay, my friend?" I asked.

"Yeah, seems this was out of expectation," he said.

"I agree," I said.

"Can't you scan his mind for weak points?" Jax asked.

"Good idea," I said as I turned towards Liam.

My smile faded into a frown.

"What is it?" Jax asked.

"One problem, I can't see his mind. It's been blocked by something which I can't get through," I said.

Jax nodded, "Yeah, monostrukal. An ancient technique to defend themselves from the Shadow's power."

"Then let's do it old style," I said.

Jax grinned, "Oh yeah."

We ran towards Liam.

I observed Liam closely and watched how he move. He never use his body to slam us. Okay, let us try. My nanobots scrambled onto my hand forming a basic trident. The handle is red in color while the bottom was gold. There were three points. I slide towards Liam until I was below him. I poked him. He just growled in pain and looked at me. I teleport above him forming my trident into a thin-bladed sword and stabbed his head. He stumbled. Ha, I found his weak spot. I jumped downed and my clones were left because I deactivated my holograms. I deformed my sword and one by one parts of swords were formed by the nanobots on the ground. I sat down crossing my legs peacefully.

"Mike, no meditating now," Sarah said.

"Oh, he's not," said Jax recognizing my face.

I estimated the time he will come by me and slowly put together my sword parts. Liam came up and rushed towards me. I just finishing reassembling my dracyo sword. It was my favorite sword because it was a legend. I stood up and faced the tip of my sword towards Liam. My clones ran towards him.

"No way, the dracyo sword. It was formed by dracyorium metal. The strongest metal in the whole universe," Jim said.

"He got it from his father," Jax said.

"Really?" asked Valentina.

I turned to my teammates and asked Jack, "You want to join or what?"

He suddenly became excited.

He came towards me and I passed him the lightning bolt. He held it. He started bonding with it. Lightning went through his body and his eyes were blue. It sparkled with lightning.

"This is awesome," he said.

"Use it towards him," I said pointing towards Liam.

Jack nodded and threw a lightning shock towards Liam.

"Oww, you're going to pay!" he shouted back.

"Not for the whole eternity," I said swinging my sword and bent down.

My teammates formed their weapons and bent down too. Just that Jack was doing a dramatic entrance for us. He started to fly, and he threw the lightning bolt towards the ground. The floor blew and we ran through the smoke. Jack flew towards Liam. I activated my mercurium lightning speed and ran. I sped all the way behind Liam, and I kicked him. He growled in pain and fling his tail while breathing fire from his mouth. I dodged it and hit his tail with my dracyo sword. As the fire passed by my body, I felt the heat. It was burning hot. Luckily, I can cool it down. My hands morphed into a frost cannon and I shot the ice towards his mouth. He coughed and spitted the ice to the ground. My frost cannon turned back to my hand. I side struck Liam's body and did a scratch.

He scowled, "How did you find my weak spot? I used monostrukal. You couldn't have used the Shadow power."

Just then my teammates came and heard us communicating.

"Uh, Mike what is monostrukal and the Shadow power?" Jim asked.

"After the fight," I said.

They nodded and started fighting Liam.

Jim thrusted his sword towards Liam. He dodged it but Jax used his hammer to hit him in the head. He stumbled to the ground. Just then, Valentina jumped and used Apollo's bow to shoot Liam. The arrow went into his back. He growled in pain and tried to slap her. I thrust my dracyo sword towards the direction he was going to hit, and I deflected the hit. I pushed his tail back and my nanobots formed a jackhammer at my leg. I faced it to Liam's faced and the activated the jackhammer. The hammer kept on hitting him non-stop. I deformed the jack hammer and Jack surround himself with lightning. The lightning was so powerful that Liam had to stop it. Jack grinned and threw the lightning bolt towards Liam. The lightning power exploded, and I activated my shield over my teammates and I. Jack just flew to us with the lightning bolt in his hand. After the explosion, my shield deactivated, and Liam was back to his human form. I looked surround. The park was busted. There were explosion marks and most of the trees withered. A lot of cars came by. The people in the cars came down trying to take a picture. I teleported Liam to Philadelphia. Later, I teleported my teammates and I to the agency, but we were not at the agency. My teleportation was tricked. The building we went in was a disguised agency of the SSA.

The roomwas like the escape room and one robotic arm took the lightning bolt fromJack's grip. A sound came out, "So, you got the Lightning Bolt of Zeus butthere is still other test besides the Minotaur. Welcome to the Maze of Doom ofyou could say the human term "The Escape Room".