six, selections

I ROLLED MY EYES.

"Tais-toi ou va te faire foutre." I shook my head, and Justin laughed.

Currently, I was in the library, studying for my worst subject, Potions, with Justin. I wasn't getting anything done and neither was he (seeing as he was as bad as I was if not worse). Ron had come up to me, asking if I could do his History of Magic homework, and I had turned down the request multiple times.

"What's that mean?!" He turned to Justin, who was sitting next to me. "Justin, tell me what she said." Justin shook his head. He turned back to me. "That's not fair I can't even understand you!" He whisper-yelled.

"She told you to shut up or go fuck yoursel-" I kicked him in the shin. "-Ow. Okay. That was unnecessary."

"Tais-toi." I said glaring at him. I turned to Ron. "I'm sorry, but I'm not doing your homework. And I'm definitely not going to help when you don't even pay attention."

"But it's due tomorrow-" He tried desperately.

"That's your problem, not mine."

He sighed. "Please?" He plopped down in the seat across from me. "I'll do anythin-"

"He won't." A curly haired girl who just walked up behind him said. "He's tried it on me, and never followed through. He thinks playing games is more important than doing homework."

"I do not-"

"I'm Hermione by the way." She said, sticking her hand out to me, which I quickly shook, and gave Justin a polite nod. She sat down next to Ron, who looked deflated.

"You're Blakely. I've heard loads about you." Hermione stated matter-of-factly. "Harry and Ron talk about you a lot."

"We don't talk about her that much 'Mione." Harry piped in, who just appeared at the head of the table.

"Whatever floats your boat." It was quite impressive how she dismissed them so easily. Not in a controlling way though, but more of a 'just stop talking before you make it worse' way.

"Je l'aime bien." I whispered to Justin.

"I speak French too you know." My eyes shot up to meet hers. Her tone was passive-aggressive and she must've realized it. "Sorry. I just meant that I know what you're saying. I like you too." She smiled. 

I nodded. 

✦  ✦  ✦

"NOPE." I stated.

"What? You're joking."

"Why would I joke about plants?"

"Because you want to see me suffer." He mumbled.

"I do not. And even if I did, I wouldn't do it myself."

He mocked me under my breath and hit his head on the table in frustration, earning a glare from the librarian.

He glared at her back and blew a bubble with his gum.

Zach was very expressive with his burning hatred towards Herbology. It's not like it was complicated, he just didn't care about it. He and Ron were more similar then they cared to admit, putting aside the mutual hatred.

His bubble popped.

"Moving on. Bubotuber pus. What's it used for when diluted?"