• Chapter One •

• New Life •

-

(Y/n)'s POV

Raining, shivering, It's cold.

I hugged my knees to warm myself.
It's been like this for a week, staying outside in the streets of the village. My mother has been killed by a pirate. A pirate that lives in this village in disguise but no one believes me. I have tried to tell the people it's dangerous, this guy is a pirate. I wish I didn't say that, know everyone hates me and not willing to help me.

No one is outside because it's raining but I heard some footsteps on the wet floor. I raised my head as I saw a hand towards me, "What are you doing here all alone, kid?" I looked into his blue eyes.
I didn't speak, just looking at him and thinking he might trick me into something.

"Don't be shy, tell me your name?" he then forwarded his hand, meaning he wanted me to help me up. "(Y-Y/n) ..." I looked at his hand hesitating, placed mine above his, he helped me up and I looked into his eyes.

"(Y/n), I'm Zeff. I heard about you, you're called the liar in this village, aren't you?" I frowned but nodded.

"Follow me"

I followed him. I know I shouldn't be doing that but... maybe he is going to help me.

•••

We went to a closed restaurant which I don't understand why it's closed right? But maybe he owns this restaurant. He led me inside and told me to take a seat, giving me a towel to which I thanked him, it made me a little happy knowing that someone is willing to help me.

He then brought me a cup of green tea to warm me up.

"Can you tell me what happened?" He asked as he sat next to me.

I nodded, and I say, "A pirate killed my...Mother." I uncomfortably continued "I ran away from home because...that's what she told me to do before closing her eyes to her death. I went down to the village and tried to tell everyone that Moeteiru is a pirate this whole time but no one believed me because he is popular here and known as a hero. they said that he would never be a pirate..."

He is the first person for me to tell the whole story about what happened. And maybe the last person to tell because I just realized that I feel so uncomfortable saying what happened.

"you can stop there if you feel uncomfortable telling me what happened" he sighed.

I looked down at the green tea that I was holding, looking at my reflection.

"How old are you?"

"...Eleven..." I said after thinking, after what happened last week, I forgot a lot of things even my age but only thinking if I could have done something if I went to the past, could I have told Mom to hide before the bad guys come? if...if..., if. If

"(Y/n)," Zeff called my name with a stern voice.
I looked up, "Yes?"
"I want you to forget about what happened."
I felt my eyes widen from shock, how would I forget what happened? My mother, someone I loved and will forever love, died, right before my eyes.

"You'll start a new life, starting by in a kitchen tomorrow. So, get some rest" He stood up and ruffled my hair. Taking me to a small room that has a small bed, not-to-big not-to-small closet, and a red rug.
I walked and sat on the bed that's next to a window as Zeff left. "Kitchen...huh...I guess if I want to find out then I better sleep to wake up to the next day..." I muttered to myself as I lie down and adjust the blankets on me, sleeping in a comfortable bed today.

•••

I woke up to a person yelling 'Kid' more than ten times. groaning as I wake up from my peaceful sleep and look at the person who has been annoying me. Then I realized...that I'm not at home.
"Jeez kid, it takes years to wake you up! Now come on before boss Zeff kills me!" he panicked about the thought and went out of the room and downstairs to the main restaurant. 'Boss?'
I yawned and stretched my arms before getting off of the bed, walking downstairs.

When I finally reached the main restaurant, I saw two people cooking in a hurry, one clumsy and one lazy, I looked around and found Zeff ordering them to do this and that, and when I looked to the tables, I saw more than twenty people or costumers. But how are two people going to cook for all twenty people!?

"HEY! HURRY BEFORE I KICK YOU OUT OF THE RESTAURANT" Zeff yelled at the person who is being lazy.

Zeff then went to wash the dishes in a hurry.

•••

After many customers coming and going, it's finally peaceful, silent.
THUD
Peaceful, silent, ruined.

we all turned our head towards the door, where a boy -who is shorter than me- entered and looks angry; yellow hair, gray-blue eyes, twirled up eyebrow which I think it looks cool. But that twirled eyebrow is angry.

"Yo angry-head, calm down or you will break the door" the two guys who are wearing their working uniforms laughed.

The 'angry-head' grip on a reusable bag tightened.

Then out of nowhere, Zeff appeared, "where have you been?" he said, his voice had an angry tone.
The boy clicked his tongue and walked towards the table, placing the reusable bag on the table, "it was crowded." Was all he said.

Zeff sighed in annoyance. He walked towards the boy and signaled me to come too, to which I nodded and walked and stood next to Zeff. "This is Sanji, who will be teaching you how to cook." He said as he looked at Sanji.
Sanji flinched and looked at Zeff then at me in anger and disgust, "What!?" he yelled. To be honest, I'm surprised too, I didn't think Zeff would let me learn how to cook -I can't even boil an egg- so I don't expect this to be a good way of continuing the day.
"But I ca-" before I can complain too, Zeff said,
"Do you want to live in the streets again?" He frowned, I frowned.
I looked down.

Sanji grunted, "Fine! But if you screw up- then I'll kick you out!"

"Huh!? But I'm a beginner! You can't do that!" I yelled back, frowning.

"I can!"

"You can't!"

"I can!"

"You ca-"

"OUCH" we both yelled in pain when Zeff kicked our heads together. like two drinks, cheers.

We both rubbed our forehead as Zeff yelled in annoyance "Start now! GO" we both ran to the other not-open-kitchen. And started there.

That's where my new life started.

New life. Without my Mother.

New life.