Chapter 11

"We need to talk Hachiman."

Great.

Just great, when I thought this was over, I now have to face the chief interrogator of the House of Hikigaya, man mom you should join the police forces, you'd make criminals speak in a flick.

"Hachiman." My mom's voice broke my thoughts, looking up in her eyes, I saw unfettered determination, 'looks like there's no way out'

I simply nod in response, talking seems too taxing for now.

"Okay then" she speaks up, "Would you like some coffee?"

"Not really" I answer her, though I like coffee, especially when it is sweet, I've had way too much caffeine in the last few hours.

"Hmmm" my other gives me a surprised look, well then again, I've never said no to coffee, guess there's a first for everything. "Ok then Hachiman," she walks over to the living room as I follow her, man I'm tired, "Sit" she says gesturing towards our armchair.

Oi I'm your son not a dog!

I simply obey her without any objections, I just want this to be over with. Sitting down, I sink into the armchair, man this is comfortable, good thing dad went out, otherwise he always parks himself here and refuses to get up.

"Now Hachiman" mom speaks up as she sits on the sofa in front of me, "Tell me what happened" her voice is like that of a military commander asking for a report.

Sighing, I steady myself and start speaking. I tell her pretty much the same thing I told to my clubmates, excluding that...moment of physical intimacy that was thrown in suddenly and the emergency meeting with my clubmates afterwards, I especially emphasize on the point of me footing the bill, can't have her thinking I made a girl pay for the outing, it'll only make this worse. Mom listened to everything with rapt attention.

"Are you sure you're telling me everything?" she asks me as soon as I complete my story, woman, are you an ESPer or something?

"Yeah" I answer her defensively, I really don't want to talk to her about that...episode on the streets.

"Well, if you don't want to say, I won't pry...for now." She speaks up as she leans back. "Just to be sure Hachiman, you aren't...romantically inclined towards her are you?"

...

Her question just hangs in the air as I feel the color drain from my face, me with Haruno Yukinoshita? Sure she is one of the most attractive women I've ever met, on the physical level that is, but with her ugly personality...I'd rather stay alone forever, becoming a wizard sounds better dammit!

Collecting my thoughts, I straighten up, mom's blunt question just jerked me out of whatever trance I have been in.

"Not a chance."

I speak up as normally as possible, there is no room for any embarrassment, anger or any other emotion, while I reacted to her incessant teasing due to the physical proximity, it would be the same with any other physically attractive woman given my hormones, as for feelings, I had none for her, well maybe there were traces of rage and anger for what she had done to me.

Mom smiled at my statement, "Good to know" she spoke up, "this makes the matter much easier to handle," she then looks up at the ceiling, "well given that you inherited your dad's eyes, I think you'll probably have his good taste in women too."

Wait, she just praised herself didn't she? I mean saying dad had a good taste in women just means you're praising yourself as you are his wife, narcissism isn't good mom, especially when you put it slyly like this, you really remind me of a certain annoying kohai; but then whatever saves my hide, I'll play along.