Chapter 13

(8man PoV)

"...what did you do to Hayama?"

Haruno gives me an amused look before moving a bit, her heels clicking on the marble floor she leans against the wall before speaking, "Looking out for your friends Hikigaya-kun?"

I catch her emphasis, but it's just not worth it.

"Just curious, he's rather..."

"Annyoing," She cuts me off before moving towards me,

"Fake," another step,

"Normal," another one and she's again invading my personal space,

"Boring."

The distance between our faces is almost nil and the tips of our noses almost touch each other, and yet the gesture does not unsettle me in the slightest, the reason being Haruno's face, which is currently blank, without any expression, even a smile, as if she's speaking about a boring piece of news from the corner of a local newspaper, not a person.

"Tell me Hikigaya-kun," her eyes bore into mine, "How much do you know about him?" she recedes giving me a bit of breathing air.

"Not much actually, he was born with a silver spoon, he's been with you guys since you were little-"

"He's a model student and yadda yadda yadda, everybody knows all that crap Hikigaya-kun, c'mon I know that you know more than that."

I'll throw her a bone.

"Well he seems to hold feelings for you, and at the same time is visibly afraid of you as well."

Haruno chuckles at my statement before finally smiling,

"Correct answer, 10 points to Hikinndor. Now for the next question, why do you think it was me who did anything to him Hikigaya-kun?" she tilts her head again, well I don't intend to play at her pace here, but I've got some free time.

"Well you find a broken toy, you assume the kid's the one who did that."

Haruno laughs at my statement again, either it's real or she's an actor who deserves an Oscar nomination.

"So I'm a kid now Hikigaya-kun? Mou and here I thought I was the one who was the elder onee-san who-"

"C'mon now Haruno, I still have to go to the next class after this." Honestly, my patience is now wearing thin.

Haruno stops her train as a blank expression takes over her face before she resumes speaking,

"Well, you already know we played together as kids right? Well since I was the older sibling I was always stuck with babysitting duty whenever our parents decided to offload us." She walks a bit before leaning against the wall.

"Not that I minded, Yukino-chan was always meek and Hayato was well behaved as well, so they never caused any problems," her tone sounds...disappointed?

"It was always me who had to stir up trouble you know, those two were just boring." I catch the lying undertone, I garner that the parents of both the Yukinnoshita and Hayama family were highly detached from their children since early childhood, even moreso than mine who atleast made it a point to catch up with us and be a part of our lives somehow.

It is not uncommon for such children to show what can be termed as 'bratty' behavior in order to seek the attention of their parents. I know this firsthand because Komachi showed the same characteristics not long ago, it was the reason as to why I started coming home straight from school in order to ensure she did not come back to an empty house. Haruno probably always came home to a full house, full of servants and luxury, but nothing else.