Chapter 19

(8man PoV)

Sleep, speaking scientifically it is a naturally recurring state of mind and body which is characterized by an altered state of consciousness, a reduced level of muscle activity and highly reduced interactions with a person's local environment. It puts a person in a slightly comatose state and enables our bodies to slow down and rest after a tiring day.

"...ii-chan!"

Researchers across various countries have consistently pointed out that a good night's sleep is directly related to the health of a person, even afternoon siestas taken by people have been proven to be highly beneficial to a person's physical and mental well being.

"...et up!"

There are some people who say that sleep is an inconvenience, something that takes up about a third of their time in the day which they believe could be better spent.

However I wholeheartedly disagree, it is said that on an average, the human mind produces about 30 thoughts a minute, about one every two seconds, even our heart beats around 60 times a minute; hence even the simple act of sitting around and doing nothing taxes the body to a high level. So in order to avoid an over-exhausting such precious organs, we need to rest.

This is where sleep comes in.

Not only this, but when a person sleeps, he does not need to interact or feel obligated to even speak to anyone as everyone around would just ignore him, something superior to even my coveted Stealth Hikki.

"...compoop! Hachiman!"

And by pointing out the virtues and benefits of sleep, I only wish to convey one thing.

"...nd shine!"

I don't want to get up right now.

"5 more minutes Komachi."

"Nuh-uh, it's 8: 30 already!"

Did I hear her correctly?

"So? It's Sunday, go back to your bed and get me after 2 hours, or rather just call for me when lunch is ready."

"Mou! You asked for it!"

OUCH!

I sat up straight on my bed as I rubbed my stray strand of hair that had just borne the wrath of my younger sister. I am beginning to regret the decision of not getting rid of my ahoge, got to keep that in mind next time I get a haircut; off with this weakness of mine.

"Komachi," I muttered in pain, "why must you trouble your brother on a Sunday morning?"

Totally low on Komachi points.

In response to my actions Komachi suddenly leapt on my bed, cupping my face in her small hands she suddenly brought her face really close to mine; now I might've been flustered earlier but with Haruno's antics and keeping in mind the fact that this is my sister I don't really feel anything at all.

Like I said back then, all you can think of while looking at your sister's underwear is 'yup, that's 100% cotton.'

Anybody with a deviant mind just needs to blow up.

"Hmmm, you don't smell of booze onii-chan, did you drink last night?" She asks me, not bad Komachi but you'll have to work harder if you want to compete with mom for chief interrogator.

"Well, I didn't really have an option. But don't worry Komachi, your brother was in complete control and in no way did he let himself stoop to the depths of alcoholism." Komachi doesn't really appreciate a drunk mom, or by extension, any drunk person in general.