Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I walk to my locker and put my books in. “Maxie!” Yelled Carmen in excitement. I look over from my locker door and smile. “You ready?” She asks. “Yes let’s go.” We walk out side in the school parking lot; we get in my car and leave to go to her house. She turns on the radio and Black Widow by Iggy Azalea comes on. We sing to it on the way to her house. We pull into her driveway, get out and walk into her house. “Max, hunny how you been?” Asked Carmen’s mom. “I’ve been good” I replied. We head up stairs into Carmen’s room. I lay on her bed and I say “Guess what happened today?” “What happened?” She replies. “Well, in Chemistry, We are doing this huge project of the year. Long story short, I and Zach got paired to be partners and we are going to work on it tomorrow. Should I ditch him or is that a dick move? I mean he plays that move all the time.” I laugh “WHAT ARE YOU SERIOUS?” Yelled Carmen. “He is probably going to ditch you and not even do the project with you anyways.” She added.

“I know, and if he does, then I’ll just give him the entire thing.” I replied in amusement. “This is why we are best friend’s booboo.” She smiled. “But when are you going to come out?” She Asked. “Carmen, if I could I would. I get bullied enough already, if they found out about that, my life will be even shittier then it already is.” I complained. “Max, if it makes you feel any better, I’ll do it with you. I’ll come out too.” Carmen suggested. “You’re kidding right? Then you’ll lose your popularity over me.” “Do you think, I care about some popularity? I don’t even want to be popular. It just happened. It’s honestly no different from being unpopular.” “I don’t know, it’s not the right time yet.” “Well when ever you are ready Hun, I’ll be ready too.” Carmen smiles. I smile back at her. “Hey Max, do you want to stay for dinner?” Yelled Carmen’s mom. “No thank you.” I yelled back. “When are you going to get you and your sister out of the house? He is just going to get worse.” She asks frighten. “Whenever I go off to college. We don’t have long left then we are leaving.” I replied. “I’m always here you know.” She says. “I know, but I’ll see you tomorrow.” I said. I walk down the stairs and Carmen walks me out. “If you need me Max, just text me.” Carmen informs. “I will trust me.” I responded. I go to my car and drive off to go home. 

I pull into the drive way and go inside. I see my dad sitting in the recliner watching TV and drinking his beer. I take my bag into my bedroom and go back down stairs to cook dinner. “What would you like for dinner dad?” I asked. “Make me spaghetti.” He yelled. I roll my eyes and gather everything to make the Spaghetti. While I was getting the noodles, Cassie walks into the house. “Hi daddy.” she runs and gives him a hug. “What are we having?” She asks. “Spaghetti, do you have any homework?” I asked. “No, I finished it at Alex’s house.” “Ok good, go wash up, dinner is almost done.” I demanded. I finish up dinner and got three plates out and put the spaghetti onto the plate. I could be a chef one day. But I hate cooking. Even though I am good at it, I hate it.  “Cassie dinner!” I yelled. I laid her plate on the table and took the other one into the living room. “Get me another beer.” He demanded. I went to the fridge and grabbed another one and brought it to him. “Dad you’re almost out of beer again.” I pointed out. “What?! Go out and buy me more!” He shouted. “Dad, are you stupid? I’m 18, I can’t go out and buy you more beer. I’m too young.” I replied. “I’ll buy some more while I’m out tonight then.” I finish up dinner then got up to do the dishes.

“I’m leaving.” Shouted dad. “Ok, bye.” I yelled back. I go into the living room and seen that dad left his food in the living room again. I grab it and throw it in the trash. I think to myself. Why does he do this? He leaves this house trashy. And if it wasn’t for me, this thing would be a total wreck. I hate cleaning so much, but I have to do it because my sister won’t do it. My dad, he won’t even shower some days, and I’m pretty sure my sister’s cat won’t do it. So that only leaves me.  I hear the water turn on in the bathroom. It must be my sister taking a shower. I take out the trash and then head up into my room to do homework. “Ding, Ding” I check my phone and it’s a text message from Zach. I wonder what he wants. I read the text message and it reads “Hey, can u give me a ride tomorrow after school to the coffee shop?” I reply back “Why can’t you drive? I’m sure you have your license.” I lay my phone back down and started back on my homework. A few minutes later my phone vibrates with another text message. I grab my phone and read the message. “I had them, until I got them suspended. So will you or not?” I reply back “What did you do jock? And I’ll think about it.” I lay my phone back down and my sister walks into my room. “Hey, can I go to Madison’s tomorrow?” Cassie asks. “Since it is a Friday, you can stay there all weekend if you want to.” I replied. “Oh my god seriously?” She asked in excitement. “Yes, now go I have homework.” She leaves the room and walk back down the hallway.  “Ding; Ding” I check my phone and it reads “Well until you give me an answer I won’t tell you why.” I reply, “Fine I’ll give you a ride. But I don’t want to hear your story.” I start finish up my homework and then head off to the shower. I think in my head while I’m in the shower that what would happen if I actually came out. I could see things getting worse then what it already is, then I could see it better. But I honestly don’t know what to think. I get out of the shower and head to bed. If Zach doesn’t show tomorrow, then I’ll be beyond pist to the extreme. But I’m pretty positive that he will show up. I could be wrong. You never know what to expect from him.  

I close my eyes and then I soon fell asleep.