Chapter 15

Authors message: Hello my lovelies. This is the last chapter. *cries* this chapter is unedited because I had no courage to edit the last chapter. But that’s okay because it’s still cute. Please give this a vote! Oh, and I am writing a new book called “The One.” If you haven’t began reading it yet, I think you should go do that. Ok? Okay. Talk to you soon. Xoxo. *Kisses*

Chapter 15

The sun begins to rise and shines through the curtains. I stare at Max waiting until he opened his eyes. “Good morning.” Max smiles. “Good morning.” I responded. We lay there looking at each other in the eyes. “Do you want any breakfast?” I asked. “I have to go get my dad out of prison today. I’m not sure I can eat right now.” “Everything will be fine. The real problem is gone. There is nothing to worry about anymore.” “How do you know? What if he starts to drink again? I can’t have Cassie go back to that. I can’t go back to that.” “She and you do not have too. Cassie likes it at my grandma’s. So Cassie is going to be staying there. Then you can stay with me, if you would like to.” “Maybe it will be for the best if I go back home.” He responded. I get up and go into the bathroom. My phone vibrates and I check the message. “I am on layover, I will be there soon. Make sure to be there a few minutes early just incase my plane arrives sooner.” Said Max’s birthmother. I text Carmen and tell her to pick me up in a half hour. “I’m going to go get my dad and take him home. I’ll see you after.” Max says and kisses me. I change my clothes and head downstairs. “Where you going?” Asked my dad. “I found Max’s birth mom. And I am going to pick her up from the airport.” I responded. “You found Rachel?” How did you manage to do that?” He asked. “How do you know about his real mom?” “Sit and let’s talk.” He says and while sitting down. “His real mother and I were best friends since grade school. She mentioned Max a few times over the phone. And I paid for her to leave to get far away. She didn’t want to go out of the states, so she went to the keys.” “Why did you never tell Max? Have you seen what he has gone through? And you just decide to keep this from him why?” “Rachel asked me to not say a word. Then when I found out about you two, I was beyond angry. I still am to be honest.” “Beep Beep.” Carmen honked the horn. “I have to go.” I demanded and slammed the door. “Zach! Come back here right now! We are not done with this conversation!” He yells. I get in the car and Carmen drives off. “What was that about?” She asked. “Turns out Max birth mom and my father were bff’s since they were little.” I responded. “So what do you imagine his birth mom to be like?” She asked. “I honestly don’t know. Maybe sweet and funny like Max. Possibly a nerd.” “I think she will be a lot like Max.” She smiles. “Max really needs this. I never seen him freak out the way that he did when the cops shot his mom, well adopted mom in front of him.” I pointed out. “Max has a lot of depression, anger, and everything built up inside of him because he does not express how he feels. One day he is going to blow up. Max is a ticking time bomb. One night after his dad beat him, he came over barely moving. He didn’t cry nor said a word. I just knew what was wrong. Max doesn’t show his emotions very well. That’s why you have to see them for yourself.” Carmen pointed out. We pull through the airport and parked the car. “She is obviously going to like me more.” Carmen laughs. “Please, no one likes you.” I winked. We stand waiting for Rachel. “Should we have brought a sign with her name?” Asked Carmen. “No, I saw a picture of her when I searched for her. I know what she looks like and she knows what I look like.” I responded. People began to come from the arrival door. His mom comes walking through people with a bag on her shoulder. She has long black hair with bright blue eyes. That’s hard to believe. She probably colored her hair. “Are you Zach and this is Carmen?” She asks. “Yeah.” We said and smiled. “Nice to meet you!” She says in excitement and hugs us both. “We better get going if we want to be at Max’s house before he gets there.” Demands Carmen. We walk through the airport and head back to the car. “How did you guys find me?” Rachel asked. “I didn’t find you. Zach did.” Laughs Carmen. “Max told me what his dad told him. So I looked for your name down in the Florida keys.”  I responded. “So Bianca is in prison now?” “She is in the hospital with officers in and out of her room. They cops shot her in front of Max. And he freaked out. Like beyond freaked.” “By what you told me on the phone last night, I can tell he has had it rough. I would have come back, but I couldn’t. If I even thought about stepping back here when she was around, I would have gotten killed. I could not risk that. She took away my friends, family, and Max.” “Why didn’t you go to the police?” Asked Carmen. “If I would have went to the police Max would have been dead.” She says. I freeze. Bianca was worst then I thought. She acted so sweet. “Bianca deserves a golden globe for acting like a nice person.” Laughs Carmen. We pull into the driveway and head inside. “So this is where they lived. The same house I owned.” She shakes her head. We sit on the couch and wait until they arrive. “They are pulling in.” Carmen pointed out. I hear the key go into the door and then it opens. “Carmen? Are you here?” Max shouted. “Hey what are you guys doing here? And who is this?” He asked. “This is your birthmother.” I Replied. He stares at her for a few minutes. “Mom.” Max says in shock.