🔎 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙: 𝔽𝕣𝕖𝕖 𝕀𝕟𝕧𝕖𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕘𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟? 🔍

Art by Andaerz on Newgrounds

A few warnings: Mentions of suicide

You let out a few choked sobs as you sat down on the sidewalk. The blue and red flashing lights of police cars outlined your slouched form. You were only vaguely aware of your friend sitting down next to you, wrapping their arm around you. They didn't say anything, and neither did you.

Even the sirens and mumblings of the police couldn't distract you from the image you had seen only minutes ago.

"I-I thought they were happy..." Your voice was hoarse, and it took (friend's name) a few moments for them to realise what you said. They rubbed your back comfortingly, murmuring a few words of sympathy.

You could remember everything in scary details. The silence and darkness of the room. The occasional creaking of the rafters and the swaying of the silhouette.

You were jerked out of your thoughts when you heard (best friend's name)'s mum sobbing loudly, and their dad trying his hardest to console his wife while crying himself.

You felt (friend's name) squeeze you a little harder when (best friend's name)'s brother (Who I will now be calling Dave because I'm not typing 'best friend's brother's name' every time I need to mention him) sat beside, his boyfriend standing a little way away talking to two police officers.

"Hey.. um would you mind giving them some space?" (friend's name) timidly asked. Dave looked a little confused, but slightly backed off. You were slightly annoyed, since (friend's name) was getting a little too close for your liking, and you would prefer Dave's kind word instead of theirs. 

"Don't worry, it's fine Dave..." You said. You couldn't see it, but (friend's name) frowned at your words.

"Ah... I would prefer it if Dave left us alone" (friend's name) insisted. Now you were starting to get a little annoyed at (friend's name) words.

"Well, I would prefer it if Dave stayed. I would appreciate to talk to someone who was close to... (best friend's name)" (friend's name) silently huffed before pulling you a little closer to them.

"Well, what about what I would prefer?" Those words broke you.

"GODDAMMIT (friend's name) IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU! Ugh.. forget this, I'm going on a walk" Your anger and sadness finally peaked and you lashed out in anger. You stood up and stormed away, not even caring which direction you were going. Right now, all you wanted to do was to get as far away from everything as possible.

You half expected it to start raining, and for the streets to be crowded, but the day was as sunny as could be and since most people were either working or at school the streets were empty. You could faintly here (friend's name) calling out for you to come back, but you just kept on walking away.

Hot tears streamed down your face which blurred your vision, but you still didn't care. Why did everything have to turn this way? Just yesterday, everything had been fine! You and (best friend's name) had rode your bikes all around town, laughing and telling jokes before going to the library to study for the test and eventually just giving up after doing nothing for 15 minutes.

Your hurried footsteps against the pavement were the only noises around apart from your sobs and the few passing cars. With your eyes screwed shut and your head down, you couldn't see where you were going, and you would've run head first into a light post if it weren't for a series of barks that came from in front of you.

Yours eyes widened in disbelief at the golden retriever before you. It wasn't the fact that they seemed to stare into your soul. It wasn't the fact that it looked like they were trying to lead you somewhere. The thing that got you was the fact that they were wearing a small detectives hat with a magnifying glass in their mouth. Said magnifying glass had a small little golden moustache on it.