🔎 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟜: 𝔻𝕖𝕥𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕧𝕖 𝕃𝕠𝕧𝕖 🔍

Art by mangotaingo on reddit

Your heart was pounding, shoes kicking up small flecks of grit as you ran as fast as you could towards the bridge. You were glad that your house wasn't too far from the bridge, who knows what Dave's boyfriend might do seeing his dead lover. Just thinking of that made your stomach twist into knots, but oddly enough, not about Dave and his boyfriend. It just made you worry about Amelia, for some reason.

You had a feeling that like (best friend's name), Dave didn't commit suicide, but was murdered.

Your suspicions were confirmed when you reached your destination, seeing the slouched form of Dave's boyfriend sobbing uncontrollably. Your steps faltered for a moment, before you walked over to him and fell beside him. You wrapped an arm around his shoulder in a comforting way, trying your best to console him.

You took a moment to look away from him to the body.

(A little gore warning)

His body was half submerged in the water, with his limbs twisting out at odd angles. His skin was extremely pale, partially due to the cold water and lack of blood. Speaking of blood, you could faintly see some speckling around his mouth and eyes. His expression was one of pure shock and horror, twisted into a panicked look.

(Gore ends here, I guess)

You felt sick to your stomach at the sight. Your grip on Dave's boyfriend's (Fuck it, gimme a name for the boyfriend, I can't just keep calling him Dave's boyfriend) shoulders tightened considerably. You could feel his shoulders shaking violently, not only from his cries, but from the cold air that came from the icy river.

The sharp sound of police sirens could be heard around the corner, which brought you out of thoughts. As soon as they reached the bridge, their tires squeaked to a halt. People in navy uniforms with several items secured in dark belts.

One spot the body and took out what looked like a walkie-talkie and said something into it. Another police officer came up to you and Dave's boyfriend

"You two need to leave, now. We'll take it from here" They said. You hooked you arm under one of Dave boyfriend's and helped him walk away. After walking a little bit away, Dave's boyfriend's mum came skidding to a halt in her car. She gave you a thankful look before bundling him up and taking him back home.

You sighed and kept walking until you reached a public bench to sit on. First (best friend's name) and now Dave, in the span of two days... You brought your hands up to your face so you could silently cry without anyone seeing you flushed face.

'Amelia said there was a murderer around... what if they're nearby?' You thought, a sudden bout of paranoia  coming over you. You wiped off a majority of your tears so you could look around more clearly. There was no one around that you could see currently, but that didn't mean there weren't people around here who were hiding.

You looked around frantically, hoping to not get caught off-guard. In a split second, you were now on your feet and sprinting off in a random direction. You swore you could hear footsteps from somewhere behind you, which only prompted you to run faster.

You had no idea you could run this fast for this long, but adrenaline was sure giving you a helping hand right now.

The only thoughts in your head right now were 'get the fuck away from here as fast as possible' and 'Amelia can probably help me, right? Yeah... let's go find Amelia'.

After what felt like hours of running, you finally managed to lose whoever was chasing you in the system of alleyways that Amelia and her pets would skulk around. As soon as you found a semi hidden spot, you collapsed, though you jolted upwards when you heard someone approaching you spot. A small 'mreow' and a curious fluffy head poked around the corner and you sighed in relief when you saw Wellington walking towards you.