🔎 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟞: 𝕊𝕙𝕠𝕨𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖? 🔍

Art by 烏鴉田 on twitter

"I didn't expect to see you back here so soon, (Y/N)!" Bubba's claws could be heard tapping against the hardwood floor as he came rushing to greet you. The terrier barrelled into your legs which almost made you drop your bag of belongings. Amelia nudged the small dog off of you so you could put your things away and settle down.

She showed you back to your now shared bedroom, which you had almost memorized the path to, before going back to her office. You weren't quite sure where you were allowed to put your stuff, but you were pretty sure that Amelia wouldn't care too much.

Looking around, you noted that the room itself was extremely messy. You assumed it was because of her line of work she didn't have much time to keep her room tidy. Well, Amelia was probably really busy right now, so you decided to clean up as well as you could to pass some time.

You started with clothes. You weren't sure if Amelia wanted her clothes ordered in a certain order, so you chucked a majority of them into the hamper you found in one of the corners of her room. After doing this, the room already looked a lot cleaner than it was beforehand.

For the rest of the stuff, you pulled the old trick of shoving everything into the corners of the room. Now the room looked pretty much clean, so you then got to work on putting away your small amount of stuff, which took less than 10 minutes. You ended up plugging in your phone charger and putting your phone on charge before placing it on Amelia's desk.

Right as you were about to open the door, a certain detective came barging in and then flopped on to the bed. She hiccupped and tried her hardest to kick off her shoes, which she ended up doing. She didn't look at you, but raised her hand and pet the spot next to her on the bed. Like her, you took off your shoes then flopped down next to Amelia. She didn't move at first, but proceeded to hug your arm tightly, looking as if she was about to doze off.

Your heart melted and you tried you hardest to shuffle into a new position with Amelia clinging on to your left arm, but you managed to get yourself into a sitting position with Ame pretty much asleep in your lap. You kinda regretted putting your phone on to charge since the desk was on the other side of the room, which means you were now stuck under a sleeping detective with pretty much nothing to do. Looking around, you realised Amelia had several different books stacked up on her bedside table, which you could just about reach.

The first book you pulled from the pile had a very ahem... recognisable cover with a man and a woman in greyscale. You quickly put it back where it was. The second book you pulled from the pile was a book full of Japanese phrases, which you assumed Amelia was using to learn Japanese. You weren't in the mood for using any of your brain power right now, so you slipped that one back on the pile as well. The third book you pulled from the pile had a pale blue dragon on the front, and in large, golden letters was written 'Eragon'. It seemed interesting enough, so you opened to the first page and settled down.

---------- Time Skip ----------

You didn't know how much time had passed, but you didn't really care. Turns out Eragon was a pretty interesting book, but you hadn't gotten very far into the book since you get zoning out and staring at Amelia who was peacefully napping in your lap. You lowered the book once more to look at Amelia once more. Her hair was tussled and covered a large amount of her face, and her face was scrunched up slightly. You noticed that the blanket that was covering her when you started reading had pretty much fallen off at this point. You placed the book down on to the bedside table then reached over to pull the blanket back up.