🔎 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟝: ℙ𝕠𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕓𝕝𝕖 𝕃𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕤? 🔍

Art by たくお on pixiv

You tried your hardest to keep your eyes scrunched shut as you woke up. You didn't really want to move right now, especially when there was a rather nice source of warmth surrounding you. You could remember the last time you woke up in Amelia's bed, and this time it was no different, except this time there was something different that made you not want to leave the bed so much more.

You finally succumbed to the light as you squinted your eyes open. At first, the flood of light blinded you, but as your vision adjusted and you found the source of the warmth. While the cosy pyjamas Amelia had loaned you kept you fairly warm, and the thick blanket also trapped a fair amount of heat, but that was nothing compared to the detective that was clinging to you.

You sighed and shuffled closer to Amelia, burying your face in her hair and closing your eyes in contentment. In response, Amelia made a cute noise in her sleep and nuzzled closer to your warmth. As Amelia snuggled closer to the crook of your neck, you pulled back when you felt a small amount of pain. It wasn't the level of pain that made you reel back, but the fact that there was pain there at all.

You tried your best to find the source of the pain, but you just couldn't turn your head enough to see it. You sat up and rubbed your eyes blearily, trying to wipe the sleep out of your eyes. Amelia didn't make any noise, but her grip around your waist grew a little tighter. Being careful not to disturb Amelia, you reached over and grabbed her phone off the bedside table.

Opening the phone, you were equal parts shocked, slightly creeped out and flustered to see that Amelia's lock-screen was of you sleeping. You assumed it was when you crashed here the first time. You swiped on to the front-facing camera, grimacing when you saw your face and messed up bed-hair.

As soon as you found the source of the pain, you gasped and almost dropped the phone. On your neck, clear as day, was a set of dark purple blemishes. You looked over to Amelia to see she had a very similar set of hickeys on her own neck. You just sat there, contemplating on what to do next when Amelia woke up. She yawned and stretched her arms from her laying down position, before looking at you fondly. She didn't respond at first, but smirked at your shocked face. She gave you a friendly pat on the back, still covering most of herself with the blanket.

"Calm down, we didn't do anything major. Just some making out, y'know? Wouldn't do anything your not ready for" Amelia fell back down on to the pillow, looking like she was ready to fall asleep again. You felt relief at her words, but stayed silent for a few moments. You rubbed your hands nervously.

"Does this mean... we're a couple now?" Amelia turned on to her side and gave you a big smile. She moved forward and rested her head in your lap.

"Of course it does" She murmured sleepily. "Now if you don't mind, I'm going back to bed" Amelia wrapped herself up in the blanket even more and then proceeded to fall asleep on your lap. You just sat there, still contemplating what was going on.

"Wait! Why aren't you wearing clothes?"

————— Time Skip —————

Amelia yawned as she watched you fix your new detectives coat. She rubbed her hands together, warming them up before she walked over and hugged you.

"Remember to be safe out there. Avoid walking places by yourself and if you can, be in large crowds at all time. I don't want you getting hurt." You returned the hug and merely responded with an 'mmm' of agreement, enjoying the warmth Amelia provided. She leaned over and gave you a kiss on the cheek.