⚖How You Met Riley⚖

The heavy snow hitting the ground, and the sound of Bella nearly shivering to death was all that kept you occupied in that moment

The heavy snow hitting the ground, and the sound of Bella nearly shivering to death was all that kept you occupied in that moment. You felt bad that you couldn’t do much to help warm the human up. All you could do was offer her the sweater that you wore over your tank top, and your extra blanket you brought to sit on. 

   “You know Edward, this all could have been avoided if you were to just change her.” You began, but Edward let out a warning growl. - “Not now (y/n).” was all he said as he went back to watching his mate shiver. 

The tents zipper being brought down, and the stench of wet dog gained your attention as Jacob entered. His eyes were first on Bella as he moved in closer. 

   “What are you doing here, mutt?” you hissed, glaring daggers at the boy. 

   “I couldn’t sleep.” - “Oh my gosh, Bella. You’re freezing.” Jacob moved in, trying to reach Bella, but both yours and Edwards' hands came up to stop him. 

   “If you two don’t get your hands off me.” He growled, but you tighten your grip. 

   “Stop it, all of you. Please.” Bella said, cousin Edward to let go, but you hesitated for a moment. - “Don’t get any funny ideas.” Edward warned, allowing Jacob to go to Bella. 

Bella fell asleep quickly as she cuddled up to her personal heater. You mentally cursed yourself for staying in this tent with the lover triangle, as Edward and Jacob decided to talk about their issues. 

   “Can you at least attempt to control your thoughts?’ Edward asked, looking up at Jacob.

  “I really get under that ice cold skin of yours, don’t I?” Jake taunts, with a sly smirk on his face. -  “Are you doubting her feelings for her?” He questioned, causing Edward to look away with a look of frustration. - “Nice, so picking through my brains okay, but letting me into yours? Forget it.”

  “Look, I know she’s in love with you, but she’s in love with me too?” you nearly choked on the venom that was pooling in your mouth when he said that. Even you knew she didn’t see him as anything else than a friend. Poor boy. 

 “I can’t tell if you’re right.” Edward confessed, causing you to narrow your eyes at him. You felt bad that Edwrd was in such a position like this. 

   “Well let me ask you something. If she chooses me” Jacob asked after a few seconds of silence. Gosh, could this dude just shut up already? You weren’t sure if he knew how. 

  “She won't”

  “If she did, would you try to kill me?”- That’s an intriguing idea, but I couldn't hurt her like that” Edward said, with a look of mockery. 

  “So you’ll just turn her into a blood sucking demon, like you?”

  “I don’t want that, I never wanted that.” - “Then stop her”

   “I’ve tried. I left”

   “But you gave up too quickly. If you would have stayed away for another six month, I could have made her happy.” 

  “Wow, really? So her jumping off a cliff was you making her happy?” you cut in, having enough of Jacobs foolishness. His glare was thrown on you as you just looked at him with a, “try me” look. Edward hit you with his foot and gave you a stern look. 

   “I’m sure your brother wouldn’t like the fact that I allowed you to get into a fight. So please, hold your tongue.” Edward said in Italian, leaving Jacob looking lost. You smiled thinking about Emmett and how overprotective he is over you. You were blessed with an amazing older brother, and boy did he bless your life alright. No guys dared to look at you because he’d be standing right behind you. 

     ...........……...................…………….......

It was morning now, and according to Edwards calculations the battle was about to begin, and Victoria was heading y’alls way. You sat perched on a tree branch, just minding your business as Edward awaited Bella to come back. Oh yeah, Jacob found out about her being engaged to Edward and got mad. 

  “She kissed him,” Edward whispered, looking down. Pain all in his eyes. You sat with your mouth agape. Anger rose to your chest as you stood up, just as Bella came back. 

   “You saw..?” - “You bitch.” Her eyes went wide as she saw your eyes darken. Her heartbeat quickened as Edward went to speak with her. You rolled your eyes, as a strong scent hit you with full blast. 

   “She’s close, I can hear her thoughts. Seth, go.” Edward said, sending the mutt away and causing you to get into defence mode. Bella rushed to Edwards' side. 

   “She’s not alone..” A boy, with dark hair, red eyes, and black clothing came into view. 

You instantly recognized him as Riley Biers, the sixteen year old who went missing a while ago. Edward pushed Bella towards you, as you took her by the hand, ready to leave if need be. While Edward spoke to the boy, you watched him like an eagle. Every feature on him was perfect. His hair, nose, eyes, his voice was so smooth and deep. 

  “Think about it, you’re from Forks. You know the area. That is the only reason she chose you.” Edward tried to reason with Riley, as you felt a pull towards him. Your heart began to ache for him, and all you could do was think about being in his arms. You remembered hearing about this before, but no. It couldn’t be. 

   “She doesn’t love you.” Edward said. 

   “Riley, don’t let him do this to us. You know I love you.” Victoria argued, looking him deep in the eyes. Riley locked eyes with her before turning back to Edward. 

  “You’re dead.” He said slowly. He let out a growl before lunging at Edward, only to be dragged off by a wolf. His screams filled the air as the wolf, Seth, began chomping away at Riley. You needed to protect him. Victoria jumped down from the rock she was standing on, and ran off. Edward stepped forward and said something as you made your way to Seth, stopping him from his assault. Seth backed up as you gazed down at the dark haired boy. His eyes locked on yours, and softened. He looked confused, yet glad to see you. He was breathing heavily as he watched you place his hand back on his arm. - “There.” you said to the still very confused vampire. 

   “I’m (y/n) Cullen.” you smiled, as he gazed up at you as if you were an angel. Oh you couldn't wait for Emmett to hear about this.... ~

Jennybear0124 hope you liked the way this came out.