All The Kids Are Depressed

I don't know when this exactly happened, but one day, I just woke up so damn exhausted. Or was it during within the day that it happened? I don't know.

As I was laying on my plain and boring bed while Mark Zucker's song blasted from my headphones, I felt my phone vibrate, sitting on top of my folded blue duvet that was next to my left thigh where I settled my hand on top of.

I took it and read its content.

YUNA:
bitch where are you? It's your shift in thirty minutes!

MEyuhHh:
I'd be there in a minute Yona!

JESOO:
STOP CALLING ME Yona! IT'S YUNA!

I didn't respond to her message and put my phone inside my purse. I tidy up my room and myself as well.

I was on my bike and my phone was still buzzing which probably are just messages from Yuna, telling me that her name's Yuna and not Yona. And I know that. I just like messing with her.

It didn't take long before I arrived at my destination, it was just a three-minute ride from my home. I entered the grocery shop using the door at the back which is exclusive for us workers. I headed to the lockers and saw Yuna arranging her stuffs, she's probably about to leave.

"Yona..."

"It's Yuna, you dummy!" She exclaimed as she whipped her head at my direction. "Also, put your uniform on, I'm going to see my step-sister for dinner."

I walked next to her, opened my own locker and took my uniform.

"Is that the Chaeryoung you've been bantering with on the phone?" I swiftly removed my shirt and replaced it with the uniform.

"Yeah, she thinks that the earth is flat and she should try and push me over the edge," Yuna made her way to the back door." Oh, and Ryujin, kindly not make me gay-panic over your toned stomach next time, okay? Try using the bathroom." And she vanished behind the door.

I was left speechless.

Well, at least she gave me a compliment.

---

8:29 pm

Customers came, and customers go. I looked at my wrist watch and sighed. I'm almost over my shift. Just a little more wait and I'll be home.

I heard the bell rang and saw a brunette with cat-like eyes making her way to the counter.

She grabbed one chocolate bar and handed it to me.

"A dollar." I uttered.

She grabbed a cash from the pocket of her leather jacket and handed it to me. I gave her her change.

And then she left.

---

One moment, I was painting my nails, and then now I'm having trouble controlling my thoughts. Slowly, but effectively, my mind is getting clouded with dark and negative things. My eyes started to erupt with tears, and my insides... I don't know. I'm starting feel numb.

I hate it.

I hate this.

I hate me.