New Girl! (No not the show)

"Things are changing." Gally said with his hands on his hips.

We were now in the council hut. Thomas stood in front of all of us while everyone sat on the steps and listened in on the conversation. I stood next to Frypan and Newt, we were all a little confused and a little relieved that Thomas and Minho survived the night.

"There's no denying that. First, Ben gets stung in broad daylight. And then Alby. And now our Greenie, here, has taken it upon to go into the maze. Which is a clear violation of our rules here."

"Yeah, but he saved Alby's life." Winston said. I looked at Thomas who looked a little confused, I sent him a reassuring look, which he returned.

"Did he?" Gally questioned. "For 3 years, we have coexisted with these things. And now, you've killed one of them. Who knows what that could mean for us."

"Well, what do you suggest we do?" I asked. Honestly Gally hosting this meeting against Thomas, when said boy could help us get out is beyond me.

"He has to be punished." Gally said. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Come on."

"He killed a griever!"

"We can't do that."

All the boys spoke different opinions while I crossed my arms over my chest. Everyone quieted down and Newt looked at Minho.

"Minho, you were there with him. What do you think?"

"I think," Minho said, we all looked at him. "In all the time we've been here, no ones ever killed a griever before. When I turned tail and ran, this dumb shank stayed behind to help Alby." I looked at Thomas. He really stayed behind to help Alby when it could've cost him his life?

"Look, I don't know if he's brave or stupid. But whatever it is, we need more of it. I say we make him a runner."

"A runner?"

"What?"

"Minho, let's not jump the gun here." I heard Fry say as Chuck began to chant Thomas' name. I stared at Minho, then I looked at Thomas. If Thomas were to become a runner, the two boys I care for the most (at the moment) would be in the maze almost every single day.

"if you want to throw the newbie a parade, that's fine!" Gally spoke up, silencing the crowd. "Go ahead. But if there is one thing I know about the maze, it is that you do not-"

He was cut off by an alarm in the distance. The box. Should it be coming up?

"Okay, wait. I know that sound." Thomas muttered as he came over to stand next to me and all the guys ran quickly out of the council hall. Me, Thomas, Frypan, Newt, Minho and Gally not far behind.

"The box." Minho spoke quickly as he looked at me. "It's coming back up."

"It shouldn't be." I said. Then I glanced at Newt. "Should it?"

Newt shock his head

We ran to the box and when it opened Newt hopped down

"Newt, what do you see?" Frypan asked him. I squeezed myself in between Thomas and Minho to see a girl who looked vaguely familier.

"It's another girl." Newt said, looking up at us.

"I think she's dead." He said looking back down at her

Another girl in the Glade? should I be happy or should I be worried that all hell might freeze over?

"What's in her hand?" Gally asked as we looked at the hand that had some sort of note in it. Newt pulled it out and read it aloud for everyone to hear.