T E N : Love Killer

BACKKKKKKKKKKKK BRUH

•••

Panting hard, I stayed put on the ground, slowly forcing myself up. My mind had gone blank a while ago, unable to know what to do. My eyes stayed glued to the floor, wide and nervous.

Dracia had vanished, probably to the depths of my mind again, but she was the least of my problems.

I forced my head to look up at the mangled corpse. It was an image that I would never forget. Shuddering, I walked over to get a closer look at the girl. She seemed so familiar...

That's when I froze, only a few steps away from touching her. The girl...

Suddenly, a sharp pain hit the top of my head.

"What the-" I looked up to see a small thunderstorm brewing above me. More small drops fell from the sky and landed on my arm. I hissed in pain as it created a burn mark.

A downpour suddenly erupted from the sky and I shrieked as it doused me in water.

I dashed to a small section of the forest that wasn't wet and dove under a tree. I curled up, crying and hugging my knees to my chest. I could feel the tears cutting into my skin because they were also water, but I didn't care.

I felt something wrap around me and saw my wings and tail had curled around me.

"Guess I needed warmth." I thought, shivering. My hair was completely drenched and stuck to my face, creating small burns on the side.

I rubbed the side of my arms and stared out to the thunderstorm that had covered the plain in small dirty puddles. Pressing my back against the bark of the tree, I sighed and closed my eyes, feeling myself going back into the darkness of my mind.

-=-=-=-

Opening, my eyes again, I saw my mind castle. I blinked a few times and walked towards it.

"Dracia?" I called, once I was inside. "Nyan? Cherry?"

Nyan appeared in front of me, smiling and I jumped back. She had a different outfit on. A blue t-shirt, shorts and her hair was tied up into a ponytail. "Yeah?"

"Oh! You scared me!" I laughed. "I was looking for Dracia. I wanted to ask her something."

"I think she's resting." Nyan replied. "Since you two are connected now, she can feel whatever you're feeling. Not me or Cherry though. The rain took a real toll on her. I don't know if you'd want to wake her up."

"Yeah, maybe later I'll ask. Thanks, thought, Nyan."

"No problem." She gave a little bow before she vanished again and I started to wake up.

-=-=-=-

I snapped my eyes open to hear birds chirping and a small breeze blowing through my hair.

Wait...

I touched the side of my head. WHERE WERE MY CURLS?!?!

My eyes widened as I realized my hair was now straight and not curly.

I gulped and tried my best to stand up. My legs were wobbly from being curled up for a while.

I stumbled towards a tree, launching myself towards it, grabbing, and nearly snapping, the small tree branch. I squeaked in surprise as it nearly broke and only clung to it tighter.

"Guess I'd better get to the base." I thought, shakily. "The others are probably worried."

I found my jacket back at the plain where I had tossed it and shrugged it on. Surprisingly, the wings didn't pop out or stick out like I thought they would. I realized the tail has vanished as well.