N I N E: Monster

GUYS IM NOT DEAD I PROMISE IM JUST BEEEN EXTREMELY BUSY AND HAVE HAD LIKE NO TIME TO WRITE UGHHHHHHHH

FYI STUFF GETS INTENSE IN THIS CHAPPIE

ANYWAY ENJOY

•••

All the generals were facing me now. I swallowed and stared down at my shoes.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw General Seto looking at me with concern.

"So," Commander Sky started. "General Seto says you have some unusually magical properties in you?"

Magical properties? I bit my lip and continued to look at the ground.

I heard footsteps and a hand went on my shoulder. "It's ok, we just want to see your eyes." General Ian said softly.

I looked further downward and bit my tongue. What would they do if they saw my eyes? Would they kill me? Would they kick me out of the army and leave me to die?

"Allison."

I wanted to look up. I really did. But fear held my back so I couldn't.

"Please?" I heard Seto say. "I don't want to have to resort to magic."

I shuffled from one foot to the other and took a deep breath.

"O-Okay."

Slowly, I lifted my head and blinked my eyes a couple of times.

I took in all of their emotions. Quentin and Ian looked dumbfounded, Ty had looked away angrily, Seto stood emotionless, Jason gave me a questionable look, Mitch and Jerome's eyes widened to the size of saucers and Sky...

His expression was the one that surprised me the most because he carried nothing. As if this was something he saw all the time. Yet, at the same time, even behind his "sunglasses, his eyes were soft and understanding.

"W-Well?" I asked. In unison, they all snapped their heads toward Sky, who tapped his chin thoughtfully, staring at the ground.

"It's not as bad as we thought." His hazel eyes met mine. "You can go."

"S-Sky..." Quentin started. "You do realize who else had-"

"It's fine. She can't cause any harm." Sky snapped. He turned back to me. "You can go." He repeated.

I nodded and rushed for the door. Before I left, I heard Ty say, "If she turns evil, don't come fucking crying to me for help."

I gulped. What exactly did he mean by that?

-=-=-

I shuffled along to my room. Already, rumors had spread that I had talked with the generals.

As I walked past, a group of girls were whispering and huddled together, sneaking a few glances here and there.

"...I heard General Ty doesn't trust her. I mean, why should he? I don't think the other Generals should either. Why let someone stay when all they're going to do is cause trouble..."

I had stopped in my tracks to listen, but kept my head lowered.

"Tia! Shut up! She's listening!"

I turned to look at the girls, who stared back at me.

"T-Tia, why don't y-you ask her?" One of the girls shoved another one, who I was guessing was Tia, up.

She was defiantly younger than me and shook. I was confused. Why was everyone so afraid of me?