2 [Rewritten]

A/N: I don't own Black Butler, if I did Grell would be a total badass and going out with undertaker or have a harem of men including undertaker.

'....' thinking

"...." speaking

Grell found that he was born into the late thirteenth century. Five years had passed since Grell had been reborn into the black butler world. He didn't know if he should call himself lucky or unlucky for being born before the series. Both had Pro's and Con's to them. However, since the series didn't touch on Grells past, he was going in blind.

Grells new family consisted of a mother and a father. His mother was called Countess Sophia Lorena Sutcliff, an Italian noble from Florence. She was arranged to marry his father, Earl Alexander Charles Sutcliff.

Grell grew to love his new family. Despite his parents being in an arranged marriage they cared for each other. Their personalities were also quite unique for a nobles in Grells opinion.

The Sutcliff manor was currently expecting guests.

*****

Flashback (Couple of days before)

"Grell, dear," called Countess Sophia, causing Grell to look up from the book that he was reading, The Art of War by Sun Tzu. Grell shut the book and focused on his mother.

"Yes, mother," replied Grell while looking at his mother and wondering what was so important that she had to tell him herself, instead of sending a servant.

"Your father and I have organised a small gathering for some guests in a few days time," said Countess Sophia, pausing for a moment then continuing on. "The guests are from the Viscount Spears family. They have a son around your age."

Grell ears perked up at the name Spears but other than that, he wasn't that interested in the family. "I will keep that in mind, mother," told Grell. "Where is father?"

"Your father is occupied right now," replied Countess Sophia with a small sharp smile. Grell felt unsettled by the dark glint in his mother's eyes.

Only one thought crossed his mind. 'Why does my mother remind me of Alois Trancy.'

Flashback End

*****

Grell was doing his daily routine, with help from his assigned  butler, Arthur. Grell lightly hummed as his butler helped him with his clothes. Arthur passed Grell a mirror once Grell had finished dressing.

In the mirror was a young Grell. He took a moment to take in the details of his face, he was still not used to it, even if it had been over five years.

Grell was greeted with a oval shaped face with short dark red hair, similar to a red rose. But the most distinguishing thing, apart from his hair was Grells eyes. He had near perfect vision with  greenish-yellow eyes like the Shinigami ones from the series.

Once Grell had put down the mirror, he made his way down to the hallway, which was connected to the front door of his home. By the time Grell got down there, his parents were already there, waiting for him.

"Your just in time, Grell," said Earl Alexander. "They will be here soon." The small family made their way outside to greet the Spears family.

The Sutcliffs spent the next ten minutes quietly chatting while waiting for the Spears family. A glimpse of a carriage being pulled by two white horses pulled the Sutcliffs out of their conversations.

Once the carriage stopped, the driver placed a wooden step in front of the carriage door. The first person to step out was a man in his late twenties. He was fairly tall and had black hair, reaching just below his neck and emerald green eyes. He also wore expensive and well fitted clothes.

Next to come out of the carriage was a beautiful women, she looked to be in her mid twenties. She had long dark brown hair and the most captivating blue eyes which resembled crystals.

The last person to go out of the carriage was a young boy. Grells eyes widened at the sight of his appearance. The boy looked like a young William Spears. Grell could clearly see that he was a mixture of his parents, from his dark brown hair and his green eyes.

Grell and his parents walked up to the Spear's family. "I thank you for allowing us to come today, Earl Sutcliff," said Viscount James Spears. "And I this is your heir?" The Viscount looked at Grell.

"Yes, this is my only heir and son, Grell," replied Earl Alexander, holding a proud smile. "A very intelligent boy." Grell felt a small amount of satisfaction towards his fathers praise.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Viscount Spears, and your family," told Grell with a respectful nod. "Please call me Grell, Viscount."

"As you wish, but it is only fair for you to call me James," told Viscount James. "This lovely woman besides me is my wife, Viscountess Olivia and this is my heir, William."

"It is a pleasure to meet you, heir Sutcliff," said William with a small smile.

"And you as well, heir Spears," replied Grell, finding this situation interesting. He was meeting William Spears before he became a Shinigami but that begins the question. Why did William commit suicide? And would he have to commit suicide to become a Shinigami?

"We should head inside, it's starting to get cold," said Earl Alexander to the Spears family.

"I agree," told Viscount James while walking with the Sutcliff family to get inside their manor. During the small walk, Grell gained permission from his father and the Viscount to bring William to his room.

*****

"You can call me Grell," said Grell to William. He smiled as he briefly wondered what William would reply.

"And you can call me William," told William with a small smile. William took his time to look around Grells room. "Perhaps we should ask questions to better familiar ourselves with each other."

Grell nodded at Williams idea. "My favourite colour is red like my hair. What is yours?" Questioned Grell.

"Black like the night sky. My favourite animal is a dog," told William. Grell smirked at his choice of animal, after all dogs were known to be obedient.

"I like cats because of the Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland," replied Grell, thinking about the insane cat trolling everyone.

"Alice in Wonderland?" Asked William.

Grell eyes widened slightly as he silently cussed at his own slip up. "A story, I doubt that you would of heard of it," said Grell. The two remained in an awkward silence for a minute before Grell started talking the conversation again. "My birthday is the 31st of October."

"I was born on the 15th of August," replied William. The two continued to ask each other questions, and in doing so they became more comfortable in each others presence.

At the end of the day William and Grell became friends, they even creating a small handshake just for them.