8 [Rewritten]

'....' thinking

"...." speaking

An old butler opened the Burnett mansion door to allow Grell to enter. "Good evening, Madam Red," said Grell as he approach said woman. He lifted her hand and gave it a kiss.

A slightly flushed Madam Red pulled her hand back to her side once Grell had let go of her hand. "Grell, you should have told me you were visiting. I would of had tea prepared in advance," told Madam Red.

"And miss the chance to surprise you? I think not," replied Grell with a smile. "How is my dear godson?"

"Arthur has been ill these past days," told Madam Red, glancing to ground then to  hen back to Grell. "But he is getting better."

Grell gave a hum in response. 'I'm not surprised that Arthurs was born with a weak body, he wasn't even supposed to be here,' thought Grell.

"It was all thanks to you that I still have Arthur," said Madam Red with a sad smile. "My red angel."

Grell cupped the emotionally distraught woman's face. "If I was truly an angel, shouldn't I have saved your husband as well?" Questioned Grell.

"But still..." mumbled Madam Red, having a flashback of when she first met Grell.

Flashback

Madam Red laid in the hospital bed, staring emotionlessly at the rooms door, as doctors and nurse came and went. The carriage that she and her husband where in, suddenly went out of control. She blacked out and woke up in the hospital.

A doctor walked in with devastating news. Madam Reds husband and baby was dead, a stillborn they said. Tears spilled from Madam Reds face, she cried her heart out.

Madam Red wanted to see her childs face just once, before he was buried. With permission from the doctor, Madam Red stood over her stillborn childs body, that was on the table.

Just as Madam Red was about to leave, Grell walked into the room. "What do you think you are doing!?" Exclaimed Madam Red as she rushed back to her child.

Grell held the cinematic record of Arthur in his hand, letting it go, the cinematic record returned to Arthur, causing the baby to give a gasp of breath. Grell left, leaving Madam Red with her child. "Doctor!"

Madam Red would at a later date meet Grell again. Finding out that he was in fact a shinigami rather than an angel, but that didn't matter, to her Grell would be her angel.

Flashback End

"Are we going to have some tea?" Asked Grell, pulling Madam Red out of her thoughts. He was starting to feel thirsty, even though he had tea with Undertaker, less than an hour ago.

"Ah, yes, tea," said Madam Red as she commanded one of the maids to go and get them a set of tea. While the maid went to get the tea, Grell and Madam Red seated themselves in Madam Reds study. "How have you been?"

Grells lips curved into a small smile. "Collecting souls and doing lots of paperwork, the usual," hummed Grell, tilting his head to the side. "I heard that you were promoted, Madam Red."

"I was, it was all thanks to you and Arthur," told Madam Red with a fond smile. "Why are you here, Grell?"

"Madam Red, you should know by now that there is almost nothing that I don't know about," hummed Grell with a sharp look. Madam Red took a step back and frowned.

"I don't know what you mean, Grell," denied Madam Red. Grell sighed at his friend, he thought that Madam Red wouldn't become Jack the Ripper, because of Arthur.

"I know about the new hobby," explained Grell, Madam Red's eyes widened at being found out.

"I," spluttered Madam Red.

"Before you panic Madam Red. I was wondering if you would like an extra set of hands, someone has to make sure that you don't get yourself killed," said Grell.

"You would do that for me?" Hummed Madam Red.

"You're my friend," said Grell.

"Best friend," muttered Madam Red, she was glad that Grell was on her side and didn't condemn her for killing those pieces of trash.

"Do you want my help, Madam Red?" Asked Grell. "I can continue my act as your butler to help you. Oh, we can even wear matching red outfits," joked Grell with a smile.

"Only you Grell would have matching clothes to commit a murder," laughed Madam Red. A maid knocking at the door brought them out of their conversation. She came in with a set of tea.

"Madam, the young Master has awoken and he wishes to see you," told the maid as she set the tea down.

"Matilda, bring Arthur to me, please," commanded Madam Red.

"As you wish Madam," said the maid as she left to get Arthur.

"I'm sure that Arthur will be surprised to see his godfather," hummed Madam Red.

"He will probably be," agreed Grell as they waited for Arthur to come in the study. Five minutes later, Arthur walked into the study, escorted by the maid.

"You may leave," told Madam Red to the maid. The small child ran over to Grell, hugging him tightly then letting him go, to move over and hug his mother.

"Hello, Grell," greeted Arthur with a childish smile as he moved back to Grell, pulling on his jacket sleeve. "Can I sit on your lap?"
Grell pulled the brown haired child onto his lap.

"What are you doing up, Arthur?'' Asked Grell.

"I heard a maid talking about you, and so I wanted to see you!" Exclaimed Arthur.

"Mommy got me a new book," told Arthur. " You should read it to me."

"I promise. What is the book about?" Asked Grell, Arthur clapped his hands.

"There's a Dragon and a princess in it," told Arthur.

"That's sounds interesting," commented Grell, looking at Madam Red.

"He loves that book very much. Its called 'The Black Knight'. The story is about a banished knight called the black knight. The king needs his help to save his daughter and so in exchange for the knights freedom, he has to save the princess from a dragon," said Madam Red.

"That sounds a bit much for a four year old to understand," commented Grell.

"He is my little genius," told Madam Red with a proud smile.

"Of course he is," mused Grell. "Would you go and get the book, Arthur."

"Are you going to read the book!?" Exclaimed Arthur, he ran to get the book from his bedroom.

"My offer still stands Madam Red," said Grell.

"I accept, Grell Sutcliff, butler of the Burnett household," hummed Madam Red. Grell left the study, walking to Arthur's bedroom to read the book.

Arthur was tucked into his bed while Grell sat in a chair besides the bed. Grell took his time reading the book, and only stopped when he saw Arthur sleeping soundly.