The Decision *

Author's POV

Ashley (Halsey) arrived 2 days ago and has been staying with the girls at Bridget's house. She was heartbroken seeing Catherine for the first time. The bruises that are healing, are still noticeable. What's more concerning to Ashley is Catherine's voice. Ashley had talked to her on the phone a few times, but in person it's really different. Catherine says it's just that she overused it in meetings the last days.

Ashley spoke with Bridget alone to tell her that she saw Catherine coming out of the shower last night, and there is no way she'll be able to hide everything... Her back is completely marked up. The girls are really worried that Cath still hasn't told Hoseok anything. They think she's pretending like nothing happened, and they are worried for the inevitable crash.

The decision was made between the 2 friends to tell Namjoon. Ashley believes that he won't tell Hoseok if they ask him not to. But they know that someone in Korea needs to know what she's been through. It's either this, or Bridget will go with her. The problem there is that Bridget's passport is expired, and it probably won't get fixed in time. She's started the process though, just in case she needs to go after Catherine. Ashley has a bunch of concert dates coming up, so she can't go, or she would gladly.

So while Catherine is at a Dr's appt, Ashley calls Namjoon. It's the middle of the night in Korea, and they feel bad, but it's their only opportunity.

*otp*

"여보세요"

"Joon. It's Ashley. Sorry to wake you."

"Oh... Hi... What's happening?"

"I'm here with Bridget, Catherine's friend, and we need to tell you something."

"Ok. Listening"

"The night of their graduation, Catherine was assaulted by her ex. She was hurt really badly."

"What? How is she now?"

"Healing. But she hasn't told Hobi, and doesn't want to. She really won't be able to hide it though... We just wanted someone there to know what is going on. Please don't tell Hoseok though."

"Why doesn't she want to tell him?"

"Hi. This is Bridget. I will try to answer that... She thinks he will not love her anymore. Or he will look at her differently... She's afraid that he'll think she's... dirty."

"Oh... That... I don't know what to say. It's that bad?"

"It was THAT bad. Tell me now if you think he won't be able to handle it. I'll keep her here if he's going to look at her like damaged goods."

"No no no... You misunderstand..
I just woke up so I am slow. He loves her. No matter what has happened, he will still love her. I promise that."

"I... I know he will still love her. She's just really damaged Namjoon... I am worried that something will happen... I can't go there with her because my passport is expired, or I would... Just please... Promise me you'll keep an eye on her. Make sure she's eating..."

"I will... But I'm going to tell Yoongi this information also. In case I'm not around. He will know what to do. He was the one that knew Catherine was in trouble when she tried to hurt herself."

"Ok. But I've already violated a serious friend rule by telling you. She won't forgive me if you guys tell Hoseok."

"We won't tell him unless it becomes impossible to keep it from him. But I'll let you know immediately if that happens."

"Alright. Thank you."

"Can I ask... Is this why her voice is different? And why she won't video call?"