Chapter 2: Best friends vs the odds

(Regulus's view)

I turned around at the sound of footsteps approaching before nearly loosing my footing as Roxy threw her arms around me in a hug.

"Good morning, Reggie." she said, as she let go of me with a bright smile.

"Morning, Roxy-Moxi." I teased, as I playfully shoved her shoulder with mine.

"What class do you have first?"she asked, and I smiled at her.

"Charms." I replied, and she grinned as she looped her arm through mine.

"Me too! why don't we walk together?" she asked, and I returned her grin with one of my own.

"Hey, Regulus!" a voice called, causing Roxy and I both to turn around to see Sirius waving at us. "Morning, Sirius!" Roxy exclaimed, as he fell into step beside us.

"How are you, Rox?" he asked, as he grinned at her. "Not bad, how about you?" she asked, as she playfully shoved him.

"I'm good, are you headed to Charms too?" he asked, and she nodded. "Yes, would you like to walk with us?" she asked, as we continued walking together.

"Sounds, good to me." he said, then suddenly turned as three other boys ran towards us.

"Sirius, c'mon, don't hangout with these loosers." one of them with short black hair and glasses said, and I looked at Sirius.

"Oh, I'm sorry, clearly Roxy and I have overstayed our welcome." I said, as I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and started walking away from my brother.

"No, wait!!!!" Sirius called after us as we continued to walk away from him.

"Goodbye!" I yelled, as we continued walking.

"Ever since Sirius started his 5th year, he's been very rude lately." I said, as tears pricked at the corner of my eyes.

"Hey, look at me." Roxy said, and I met her gaze for a second before burying my head into her shoulder and crying my eyes out.

I felt her rubbing my back as she comforted me. "It's going to be alright Reggie, I've got you." she said, as I stopped crying.

"Thank you, Roxy." I mumbled, into her shoulder before looking up at her with a broken smile.

"How about after class you and I go get some lemon bars, yes?" she asked, and I nodded as I gripped her hand.

"I'd like that," I said, and she grinned before squeezing my hand softly.

"Okay then, we'll go as soon as class is over." she said, and I smiled at her.