Chapter 10: Adventure of a lifetime

(Regulus's view)

I smiled at my two best friends as we walked along the long windy road that lead away from Hogwarts and out of town.

"Oh my god, I'm so glad we're actually out of that stuffy castle!" Roxy exclaimed, as she threw an arm over each of our shoulders.

"Yes, it is quite nice to be out on our own." Dimitry agreed, as the three of us exchanged triumphant smiles.

"What do you think, Reg?" he asked, and I smiled at them again before replying.

"I am very excited we did this as well, I never thought we'd take an adventure together during our third year." I said, and Roxy chuckled before leaning in and pecking me on the cheek.

"I wonder what we'll discover." she said with a devious grin, making Dimitry and I both chuckle.

"Who knows?" I said, as we all continued to walk along laughing all the while.

We eventually stopped at a quiet little village at one end of the road, which was swarmed with people coming and going. some were dancing while others laughed and watched with delight.

"Excuse me," I looked up just in time to see a little girl come walking over to us looking rather nervous.

"What's the matter, sweetheart?" I asked, as I crouched down to her level.

"I can't find my daddy, a-and I'm scared." she said, and I smiled at her gently.

"It's going to be alright, sweetie, we'll look together okay?" I said, and she nodded as she gave me a shy smile. "What's your name, honey?" I asked, and she smiled up at me again.

"My name is Kelly." she said, and Roxy smiled at her kindly.

"Nice to meet you, honey, my name is Roxy." she said, and little Kelly smiled shyly.

"Hi," was all she said, before going quite once more and reaching for my hand.

"Kelly, just keep holding my hand and we'll look for your daddy together, okay sweetie?" I said, and she nodded as the four of us walked into the crowd and began searching for her dad.

It wasn't long until a young man in his late twenties rushed over to us.

"Kelly!" he cried, and her eyes lit up at the sight of him.

"Daddy!" she cried, as she dropped my hand and ran into her father's open arms.

"You scared me honey, I was worried sick." her father said, before turning to us with a smile.

"Thank you, for finding my daughter." he said, and I smiled back. "It's no trouble at all." I replied, as we shook hands.

"Daddy, this is my new friend Regulus." Kelly said, and I smiled before shooting her a little wink.