Chapter 8: One chance

(Regulus's view)

The next afternoon as Roxy, Dimitry, and I walked through the courtyard we spotted Sirius and his friends picking on our friend Severus Snape.

I stormed over and seized my older brother by the ear causing him to yelp in surprise.

"Bloody hell, let go Regulus, that hurts!" he whined, then went silent as soon as he saw the look of livid rage in my eyes.

"I'm beginning to regret making that deal with you." I said, and his eyes widened as his bottom lip began to quiver.

"N-No, please, I'm sorry!" he cried, as he caught my arm.

"One more chance, Please Reg, just give me one more chance!" he begged, and I sighed in exasperation before nodding.

"Fine, just don't mess with anymore of my friends, promise?" I said, and he eagerly nodded before pulling me into a tight hug.

"I promise," he said once we released the hug. "I will hold you to that." I said, and he nodded again.

"I know, I want to re-form the bond we had as kids." he said, and I allowed myself a small smile.

"I do too, but it may take time." I said, as I held out a hand to him which he took and shook.

"I know, and i will wait for our friendship to reform." he said, and I nodded.

"Hey, Sirius!" a voice called, and we both turned to see Roxy and Dimitry walking over.

"Hi, Roxy." he said, as he stuck his hand out but was surprised when she pulled him into a hug.

"I never meant to hurt your feelings, can you forgive me?" he asked, and she nodded as they broke the hug.

"Of course, I forgive you." she said, and he sighed in relief. "Thank you," he said, before squeezing her hand.