Chapter 7: Please forgive me

(Sirius's view)

I sat at the entrance to the courtyard with my book laid across my legs, as I waited for my brother to arrive. I looked up as soon as I saw him approaching me with his hair tied back in a loose ponytail.

"So, what's so important that you made me miss my evening chat with Roxy and Dimitry for?" he asked, as he sat down across from me on the steps.

"I need to talk to you," I said, and he raised an eyebrow in amusement.

"Then do so," he said, before whistling as Silvey flew over to him and landed on his shoulder.

"You have every right to hate me, I don't deserve your love after the way I treated you during your first year. I love you Regulus, and I know that I have a very cruel way of showing it, all I want is to have a friendship like we used to please forgive me." I said, as tears began to form in my eyes once I had finished speaking.

"Do you really mean it?" he asked, as he fixed me with a incredulous stare which I seamed to shrink under. "Yes," I said, as I looked at him pleadingly.

"I will think it over, then I will send Silvey to you with my answer." he said, and I eagerly nodded.

"I'll be waiting." I said, as I rose to my feet and smiled sadly at him before walking away.