Chapter 3

III

1400

Felix Gaeta was doodling on a piece of paper, as there was nothing to do. D'Anna and Gaius were doing what they always did-argue about the future of the settlement, Gaius telling them go leave, and D'Anna saying she'd rather nuke the place. Felix had learned to tune it all out. It was simply background noise to him.

From within the confines of Colonial One, most of the outside world went unheard, as the ship was a natural buffer for outside noise. Of course it hadn't stopped everyone from hearing Gaius and Caprica, or one of Gaius' young hanagers-on when he had taken them to the old bedroom. Caprica had enough decency-at least for a Cylon-that she insisted the bedroom be moved to the lowest level, and soundproofed.

Out of the corner of his eyes, Gaius noticed something through one of the windows. He looked up.

"Oh, my Gods."

Gaius and D'Anna stopped their arguing. He had gotten their attention, as well as that of Caprica and one of the Dorals, who were also present.

Felix moved toward the window.

Outside, they could hear and see muffled explosions, happening all over New Caprica.

_____________________________________________________

Tory Foster and others were out of their tents, many who didn't know what was happening watching in amazement. She was standing with some of the Block Leaders, who would rally and round up their people. They were waiting for the explosion that would be their signal to move.

They didn't have to wait long.

A massive explosion directly to their front lit up the area. Tory turned to give her Leaders some last minute instructions and a brief prayer, and they scatted, chaos now gripping the area. Tory ran off to the area she was assigned to.

All over the city, groups of people made their way to the hidden storage of weapons and ammo that dotted the area. Everyone had different assignments. Saul and Galen were to lead an assault on the gates of the prison, then Charlie and Diana Seelix, and a host of others, would storm the compound, with Laura Roslin in tow.

Tom Zarek and his men quickly made their way through the compound, Tom holding on to Kacey, and the three men with him ready to kill any Cylon, humanoid or machine, that approached them. They took down a few Centurions on their way to Colonial One.

________________________________________________________

There was chaos inside Colonial One, as The Cylons were on their phones, trying to find out information on what the hell was going on. It was quite obvious what was going on, but they needed information. So far, they weren't getting much.

________________________________________________________

Above The Planet

"OK, this is it, guys", Kat said with urgency, "stand by!"

All the practice, and hours of frustration and learning were coming to a head. This was the moment all of them had been working for.

"All Vipers break, now, now, now!"

Kat's Vipers made way for Racetrack's Raptors, who came through in good order.

"Deploy drones on my mark", Racetrack said calmly-much more calmly than Kat. "Three...two...one...mark!"

At that moment, a hail of drones left the launch rails, banking in one of two directions. The plan was to have the drones move at a speed, and create a Dradis image that would lead The Cylons to think two battlestars were present.