chapter four

Two weeks had passed, and Daniel was actively avoiding spending any unnecessary time with Tyra

Two weeks had passed, and Daniel was actively avoiding spending any unnecessary time with Tyra. However, he couldn't deny how infectious she was.

She radiated kindness, and she was a breath of fresh air and beautiful.

"Daddy, can you come home now?" Gianna asked over the phone.

Daniel sighed and gripped the phone. "I'm sorry, sweetie. Daddy is working right now, but I promise to be home soon," He said, and Gianna whined in his ear.

His brat.

"Don't cry, sweetie. In two hours, I will be in the living room watching a movie with you," He promised and pulled the phone away from his ear.

He didn't hear any more whining, so he assumed she was okay now. "Daddy, can I come to work with you?" He heard Grant ask.

"Sweetie, you know that Daddy can't bring you to work,"

Daniel looked at the work on his desk and decided to leave work and go home. "I'll be home in a few minutes," He said and hung up the phone.

He loved his bratty angels, and he could finish this work later at home after they were off to bed.

-

"Daddy's home," Daniel announced once he unlocked the front door.

Squeals of joy and laughter came from the kitchen, and two angels covered in flour came out.

Daniel's eyes widened at his messy angels. "Goodness, what have you been doing?" He asked while holding his angels.

Gianna smiled and rubbed some flour onto his head. "Ms. Baker! She's letting us make some cookies!" She yelled in her daddy's ear, making him wince.

Tyra walked out of the kitchen with a sparkly pink apron around her waist and her hair styled with some up and some down.

"Good evening, Mr. Watts. I'm sorry that they're so messy," She apologized, and her sugary-sweet voice made Daniel want to return to work. Her beauty was uncontainable, and it drove him crazy.

"They're fine, Tyra. I'll let them get back to baking," He said and placed his messy children on the floor.

Grant gripped his daddy's leg and shook it. "Daddy, come bake with us!" He begged.

Gianna gripped his hand and pulled him to the kitchen. "Please, we need you to help us! Only you can help us make them perfect," She said, and Daniel sighed.

He was a firm boss at work, but when it came to his children, he was putty in their hands.

And while he planned on avoiding spending spare time with Tyra, he had to face her for his children.

"Alright. Let me get out of these clothes, and I'll come to help you guys," He said and walked to his room.

Daniel emerged from his bedroom dressed casually for a night baking with his favorite kids and the dangerously beautiful young nanny.