chapter twenty-two

"You did what?" Kentrell and Ryan said simultaneously

Daniel only smiled and nodded.

He was happier than he'd ever been and now he was going to propose to her.

"How long have you two been together?" Ryan asked and sat on the edge of Daniel's desk.

Daniel shrugged. He wasn't sure how long they'd been together, he just wanted to be with her. "I don't know. When I'm with her time stops," He laughed. "I sound like a stupid gushy movie guy,"

"You do, but that's how it is when you're in love," Kentrell said wisely. "She's beautiful and kind, and she loves your kids,"

"So when are you gonna do it? You're always doing fancy stuff, so I know you're gonna do something crazy," Ryan picked up the ring and checked it out. "Dang, this is nice. How much you put out for this?" He handed it to Kentrell who scanned over the ring.

Daniel took the ring from Kentrell and placed it back in his drawer. "You two are so nosy," He sighed. "She's so special, so I have to do something to wow her." He explained.

"You should just take her somewhere nice and propose," Ryan suggested and Kentrell agreed. "That's a good idea,"

Daniel shook his head. "No. That's boring. She's vivacious and perky, I need something to match her personality." He scratched his head. "You know, she really liked the restaurant we had our first date at,"

He opened his desk drawer and grabbed a notebook. "I have an idea," He murmured and jotted down his brilliant plan.

Only the best for his woman. "I may need your help with this," He looked up at Ryan and Kentrell.

Kentrell and Ryan locked eyes and nodded. "I think it's safe to say that we're in."

-

"Mr-I mean, Daniel! Gianna, Grant, I'm home!" Tyra walked into the house and set her keys on the rack.

She had just come from Yasmin's house after staying the night and all she wanted to do was see her favorite people, but the silence told her that they weren't home.

Suspicious.

She walked into the kitchen and looked around for a note or something telling her of their whereabouts.

"Aha!" She said triumphantly as she found a note on the fridge.

'Hi, beautiful.

The kids and I are out at the park, but we should be back before it gets dark.

I love you and I hope you enjoyed your time with Yasmin.

Love, Daniel.'

A smile grew on her face and she put the note back.

Daniel was the greatest guy that she ever met. He was thoughtful and he always made sure she knew how much he loved her. And she always tried to do the same.